Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #21291
View in linear mode

Subject: "why are my hubs different sizes?" Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45Nov-28-03 02:21 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21291, "why are my hubs different sizes?"

GOD DAMMIT I GOTTA TYPE THIS WHOLE THING AGAIN B/C IT DIDN'T POST!!

anyways..

tonite i took off my drums an rotors to take them in tomorrow to get resurfaced. everything went fine except for the front driver's side rotor. i had to use a crow bar to get that thing off. the pass. rotors just slide right off. it's not the rotor either - it's the hub. i switched things around and both rotors slide right on the pass side but hafta be hammered on if i wanna put 'em on the driver's side... they're AEM xdrilled/slotted 12.5" 2 piece rotors (aluminum hats). anyone know why my hubs are different?

i took my car in to get the brakes checked out b/c i was getting heavy shuddering under hard braking. found my rear cylinders were going and my front rotors were slightly warped. i'm replacing the cylinders and shoes and bring in the rotors and drums to get resurfaced. when i had gotten the rotors installed the shop had told me they were having problems w/ the hub and getting the hat to fit. they ended up grinding it down a bit but apparantly it's still VERY tight. here's what i found on AEM's site under their FAQ's:

Question
Why does my steering wheel shake after the installation?
Answer
This can be caused by the rotor being mounted on the hub incorrectly. We have found that the biggest problem is that the hub was not cleaned off adequately and dirt between the hat and hub made the mounting of the rotor out of parallel. This means that the rotor wobbled back and forth causing uneven braking and a pedal that shakes.

should i try just grinding down the hub a little more? anyone know how i would go about doing that (what tool an stuff to use too)? or any other suggestions on what to do... it's not the big a problem but if it's contributing to the shudering an stuff i'd like to fix it along with everything else... TIA!

-marc

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

why are my hubs different sizes? [View all] , MCubed45, Nov-28-03 02:21 AM
  RE: why are my hubs different sizes?, WickedESi, Nov-28-03 02:16 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #21291 Previous topic | Next topic