Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #208
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Drag Radials? Which are best ?" Previous topic | Next topic
dsmstreetracerDec-17-00 10:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#209, "RE: Drag Radials? Which are best ?"
In response to In response to 0

97 eclipse RS
cai,gutted cat,gs-tmuffler
15.65@89 mph i have the nittos and love the way they perform. as far as heating up on the street the only time i get tire spin is when you just get on the road and the tires are cold you get a little spin in first and a chirp in second. once you've riden on them for about five -ten minutes there good to go. wiht my factory tires iwould spin allthe way through first a liitle in second and then chirp third. with the drags (street use) i can lauch from a red light at 3500-4000 rpm and only get very,very,very small amount of spin in first and not even a chirp in second. (at the drag strip) this is where they really shine, drop the psi to 22 drive through the water box and stop on dry pavement, pull up the e-brake once you start the burnout it only last about 4-5sec max and the tires start grabbing and dragging the rear end of the car, once they start grabbing i stop drop the e-brake do one dry hop then stage. when the third yellow light hits i dump the clutch at 5000 rpm and all i get is a chirp and i'm gone . there is no wheelspin at the track. feels like your lauching in a awd. just my .02 hoped it helps alittle. if your boostn you'll prob get a little more wheelspin then i did because of the extra power.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Drag Radials? Which are best ? [View all] , Bill, Dec-12-00 11:49 PM
  RE: Drag Radials? Which are best ?, dsmstreetracer, Dec-17-00 10:09 AM #1
Thanks 97 ..., Bill, Dec-18-00 02:10 AM, #2
      RE: Thanks 97 ..., Team96NOS_Eclipse, Dec-18-00 02:20 AM, #3
           RE: Thanks 97 ..., TeamStan2gnt, Dec-18-00 02:40 PM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #208 Previous topic | Next topic