Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16035
View in linear mode

Subject: "Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion" Previous topic | Next topic
Mystic511Feb-26-03 05:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16035, "Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion"
Feb-26-03 05:30 AM by Mystic511

I have a problem with all the strut bars that are out. They all don't seem to work like they should, especially the 'adjustable' ones.

There are not alot of strut bars out there that are one solid piece of metal like the Neuspeed 'fifth' bar. It makes sense for a brace to be one continuous and solid piece of metal. There are no weak points for it to bend, so it pretty much holds it's shape no matter what.

But then there are the adjustable ones with more then one piece. My rear stb, for example, was from ebay, and even though the bar is pretty thick, the brackets between the strut tower and the bar itself seems so thin and oddly shaped that I believe it's just flexing with the chassis whenever stress is put on it. Seems to me it's more for looks then function.

So then my conclusion is any strut brace that is more then one piece must be poorly designed, because in my limited knowledge of physics, those thin brackets, and nuts and bolts for the 'adjustability' of the strut bar are taking the brunt of all the chassis flex. Unless they are super tough metal bolts, then they are just bending with the chassis. You get what i'm saying?

Thank god for the neuspeed bar, boo on all adjustable stbs.

I wonder if neuspeed will make a rear bar.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion [View all] , Mystic511, Feb-26-03 05:29 AM
  RE: Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion, BlakeW5, Feb-26-03 06:01 AM, #1
RE: Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion, juggalo, Feb-26-03 08:30 AM, #2
      RE: Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion, Squid, Feb-26-03 08:32 AM, #3
           RE: Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion, BuckNutty, Feb-26-03 08:59 AM, #4
                RE: Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion, Mystic511, Feb-26-03 10:58 AM, #5
                     RE: Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion, juggalo, Feb-26-03 11:28 AM, #6
                     RE: Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion, Squid, Feb-27-03 03:49 AM, #7
                          RE: Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion, jerseystyle1, Feb-28-03 02:23 AM, #8
                               RE: Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion, espilcEGS, Feb-28-03 12:42 PM, #9
                               RE: Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion, jerseystyle1, Mar-01-03 01:23 AM, #10
                                    RE: Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion, TeamMuRiX, Mar-04-03 01:19 AM, #11
                               RE: Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion, Squid, Mar-04-03 03:58 AM, #12
                                    RE: Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion, Hurricane_GS, Mar-05-03 03:38 PM, #13
                                         RE: Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion, Squid, Mar-06-03 04:28 AM, #14
                                              RE: Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion, Hurricane_GS, Mar-06-03 08:46 AM, #15
                                                   RE: Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion, Teameclipse804, Mar-10-03 07:54 PM, #16
                                                        RE: Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion, Squid, Mar-11-03 05:53 AM, #17
RE: Do adjustable strut bars really work? Ponderings and technical discussion, HadesOmega, Mar-12-03 10:49 AM, #18

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16035 Previous topic | Next topic