Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #14302
View in linear mode

Subject: "AEM AWD rotor problems" Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45Dec-17-02 06:40 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14302, "AEM AWD rotor problems"

k so i bought the AEM AWD rotors and some dual piston calipers to go with it from RRE. brought my car in to the brake shop today and they had some trouble putting on the rotor. it doesn't quite fit perfectly over the hub. anyone have any problems with this? is it supposed to be a tight fit? the shop already did some sanding around the hub to clean off rust an stuff. it's not that it won't fit, it's more that they dont' want to really force it or anything b/c that could lead to some warping. talked to RRE and AEM and this's the first either have heard of it. i don't think it has anything to do with going from FWD rotors to AWD ones (our hubs are the as i understand).

again this's the outermost part of the hub that's like maybe less that a milimeter too big. not the part in the middle of the studs - that fits fine through the hole in the hat. also there's a very slight ridge or lip on the inside of the aluminum hat. that's pretty much where it starts rubbing and getting tight when putting the rotor on the hub. the rotors slides on without rubbing anything until it almost sits flush - then it starts rubbing the hub.

did anyone have any similar problems? should the rotors just slip right on or do you hafta push them on a bit? i'm kinda just wonderin too b/c of how hard it is to take off the stock rotors. i woulda thought it'd be normal to kinda hafta push them on/off rather than have them slide right on. any help would be greatly appreciated.

-marc

oh also, did you guys hafta cut your dust shield at all? they were sayin it looks like it'll rub the rotor a bit...

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Black Chrome Matrix Type X CAI
A'pexi N1 Catback Turbo Exhaust
Viper 500esp
Indiglo Gauges
Clear Bumper Lenses
Hiper White Bulbs
Hanabi 9000k HID Kit
Interior Blue LED/Neon Lighting w/ Music Interface
SPAL Deluxe Power Window Kit
Power Trunk Release Kit

In The Mail: }>