Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12432
View in linear mode

Subject: "My Ball Joint Recall Story...." Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorxcasbonxSep-30-02 03:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12432, "My Ball Joint Recall Story...."

Well I figured I should throw out a story on here bout my mishap. Luckily mine didnt break on the highway going 70. It happened in my driveway. I didnt have my car for a month. The original dealer I took it too said they were fine and just "resealed". I never did anything about it and it eventually broke. So I had my car taken to a dealer where my dads friend worked and he had to replace over a 1000 dollars worth of parts on my car because of 1 ball joint. These are the following parts that were replaced.

2 Link-lateral control arms
1 cv/shaft
1 core
1 knuckle
4 Stud-wheel Hubs
1 Hub-front wheel
1 Shield-FR Brake Disc
1 CP Cotter Pin

"Right axel assembly damaged when right ball joint came apart and removed right side knuckle assembly. To remove axle assembly axle was rusted badly in hub and couldnt get axle out and was necessary to replace knuckle hub/bearing assy and strut bar to fix. Also did 967 recall on vehicle."

Luckily a chrylser rep inspected my vehicle and they said they would cover all damages free of charge and would also take care of the dealer who didnt fix my car the first time. So in other words dont go through all the bullshit I did and get them REPLACED!!!!

96 Talon ESi Mods
apex' dunk exhaust
injen short ram
magnecore 8.5mm wires
front/rear strut tower bars
custom painted interior
carbon fiber hood

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

My Ball Joint Recall Story.... [View all] , Moderatorxcasbonx, Sep-30-02 03:05 PM
  RE: My Ball Joint Recall Story...., Amish_Eclipse, Oct-01-02 04:33 AM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12432 Previous topic | Next topic