Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12364
View in linear mode

Subject: "Please help... brake problem" Previous topic | Next topic
SemperboostSep-24-02 02:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1072 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12364, "Please help... brake problem"

Okay I decided to put on my GSX Calipers/ Rotors/ pads on this weekend. One problem I ran into was that when I tried to bolt the caliper bolts (2) they wouldn't go in straight. I think the threads were jacked or something. So I use an impact gun and slowly the bolt fully gets threaded into the caliper. Well since the bolts went in crooked it made something off aligned and so my rotor would not turn. So I loosen up the bolts to make the rotor turn and bolt everything back up. After I bleed the system (self bleed) I test it out - soft brake pedal. I have to push the pedal at least half way to get a response. So I'm thinking "ok, spongy brakes = air in the system" So I again self bleed both front calipers. NO change. It can't be the master cylinder cuz my brakes worked fine before the install. So I'm thinking it has to do something with the misaligned caliper/ rotor/ pad. But how can that cause a soft pedal?? I'll probably hafta machine the calipers threads out if it is that problem. What do you guys think? THanks alot - your input is greatly appreciated

ALvin

96 RST

http://www.kaptainmyke.com/tir/gallery/SemperBoost
Star Stage I turbo kit /Starion I/C w/ 2" chrome piping / GReddy Type-S BOV / Missing Link / Custom APEXi- GReddy 2.5" exhaust / Nology wires / Dual Gaugepod pillar mount / APEXi EL mech boost gauge / Autometer A/F gauge / Southland Dual Friction clutch / B&M short shifter / Energy Suspension shifter bushings / 16" GSX Rims / Front/ Rear camberkits / Eibach Prokits / Tokico Blues/ Front Upper, Rear Upper/Lower strut bars / Rear GST sway bar
X-drilled rotors / Axxis pads / Stock GS/GST sideskirts /Color-matched center taillight/ door handles/ sideviews
Cleared Headlight turns/PIAA bulbs

Alvin

http://www.cardomain.com/id/96rst

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12364 Previous topic | Next topic