Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1201
View in linear mode

Subject: "you need the rear conversion parts" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDeanoDMar-22-01 04:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1202, "you need the rear conversion parts"
In response to In response to 0

I notice you drive a RS model and you need the parts listed in the mods section. (control arms, endlinks, brackets, bolts) If you buy aftermarket bars, they all come with their own poly bushings. If you buy a GS-T bar, you will need to order the rubber bushings from the dealer or buy poly bushings from suspension.com. The whole job takes 45 minutes to convert your car over to having a swaybar.

Your front bar is a 16mm right now and if you buy a complete set of aftermarket bars, you will replace this also.

List:
suspension techniques 19mm front(adjustable)19mm rear
intrax 21mm front 18mm rear
rmdsm 20.6 front and 17.5 rear
progress 21mm front and 19mm rear (not released till summer or even later)
Stock GS-T from dealer 19mm front and 15mm rear
Stock GS is 18mm front and 13mm rear
Stock RS is 16mm front and 0mm rear

BTW: our RS cars are lighter in the front than a GS-T and need less of a gap between sizing of the front and rear bars. suspension techniques will probably give the most neutral feel for the car. My buddy with a gs-t(18G turbo and FMIC)is going with the intrax setup. He has much more body lean in the front than I do which requires a thicker front bar.

IMHO adding a rear swaybar is the best suspension upgrade you can do for the money. If you have a local dealer that gives you a 20/25% discount it will cost you less than $130 to add a rear GS-T factory setup. If you leave out the rear bar and rubber bushings, it is around $90 plus the cost of your aftermarket swaybars/bushings.

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Suspension Techniques sway bars? [View all] , EclipseGS1997, Mar-22-01 03:45 AM
  you need the rear conversion parts, TeamDeanoD, Mar-22-01 04:19 AM #1

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1201 Previous topic | Next topic