Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7197
View in linear mode

Subject: "Problem with rear strut install, please help !" Previous topic | Next topic
preci_eclipseMar-02-02 10:51 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2001
55 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7197, "Problem with rear strut install, please help !"

Wzup peeps, I replaced my worn/blown KYB struts with Tokico Blues today. The old setup was flush, the big "upper bracket assembly" that attaches to the car was flat against the spring probably becuase the shocks were blown. I re-used all the parts and with the new shocks there is a space between the big "upper bracet assembly" that attaches to the car and the spring (the 1.5" difference between stock springs and the Eibachs) unless I place pressure on it and compress it. The problem is that on the car the struts sound like something is loose, whenever I hit a bump the rear shocks sound like they rattle. Any ideas why that would be?

My other question is in regards to the yellow "Bump Rubber," how far down the strut should it go? If I press it down the first notch/click I can't fit the "self-locking nut" when I hold the shiny sliding pole of the strut and push the "yellow Bump Rubber" down another notch then everything seems to fit.

Another problem is that if I don't tighten the "self-locking" as much as I can (get it as far down the threaded part of the shiny pole of the strut) when I lower the car it shifts out of place, it won't stay flush/tight against the washer. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

Thanks for any help

1995 GS with 147K miles, Injen Intake, Pacesetter Catback, Projector headlamps, G2 altezzas, Clear Sidemarkers, Tokico Blues and Eibach Pro's, 18" Chrome Zeneti Milanos, 97+ front bumper

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Problem with rear strut install, please help ! [View all] , preci_eclipse, Mar-02-02 10:51 AM
  RE: Problem with rear strut install, please help !, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-02-02 09:58 PM, #1
RE: Problem with rear strut install, please help !, fasterGS, Mar-03-02 02:07 AM, #2
      RE: Problem with rear strut install, please help !, preci_eclipse, Mar-04-02 08:22 AM, #3
           RE: Problem with rear strut install, please help !, madregal, Mar-04-02 10:49 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7197 Previous topic | Next topic