Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30744
View in linear mode

Subject: "what causes a metal grinding sound when turning far to the right? (lowered 2")" Previous topic | Next topic
ezSep-10-07 07:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30744, "what causes a metal grinding sound when turning far to the right? (lowered 2")"

This has happened both times I've been on lowered suspension. If the steering wheel is turned to the far right, I get a metal grinding sound if the car is also going forward or backward. I hate parking the car when I'm turning to the right, it just yells ghetto to everyone in the lot. It almost sounds like the rotor is being dragged against the ground, and sometimes there is a metal-on-metal screech too. Now all I need is the PS belt screech too, and I'll be back to representin' san bernardino style to the fullest.

For some reason, this doesn't occur at all when turning very sharply to the left.

I can't see what is rubbing for the life of me. anyone have experience with this?

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

what causes a metal grinding sound when turning far to the right? (lowered 2") [View all] , ez, Sep-10-07 07:41 PM
  RE: what causes a metal grinding sound when turning far to the right? (lowered 2"), Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Sep-11-07 02:57 AM, #1
RE: what causes a metal grinding sound when turning far to the right? (lowered 2"), totaleclipse_05, Sep-11-07 05:31 AM, #2
      RE: what causes a metal grinding sound when turning far to the right? (lowered 2"), goalie40, Sep-13-07 08:01 AM, #3
           RE: what causes a metal grinding sound when turning far to the right? (lowered 2"), RoninEclipse2G, Sep-14-07 10:12 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30744 Previous topic | Next topic