Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29592
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rack and pinion problem i think" Previous topic | Next topic
ameclipseJul-10-06 12:07 PM
Member since Nov 17th 2005
132 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29592, "Rack and pinion problem i think"
Jul-10-06 12:42 PM by ameclipse

Ok here is my problem it started off small now it is insane. A couple months back my car would shake a little when i hit a bump and it didnt realy bother me. It has now got to the point that when i hit a bump the steering wheel goes crazy and it feels as if the passanger wheel is wobbleing in and out and when i go arround the corner with a bump the car almost throws me into the wall and shakes violently. I replaced the tie rod ends thinking that it might be that but it seems to have gooten worse. When i jack the car up and take the passenger wheel at the 3 and 9 i can see movement coming from the bar running into the rack. I just wanted to confirm with someone else that it sounds like the rack and pinion. IF it is does anyone have a spare laying around for cheep because new is like 300 dollars. Also the car is a 97gs lowered 1.2" and has stock rims.

Please help me out.

peace anthony

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Rack and pinion problem i think [View all] , ameclipse, Jul-10-06 12:07 PM
  RE: Rack and pinion problem i think, gc8dc95, Jul-14-06 04:36 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #29592 Previous topic | Next topic