Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28362
View in linear mode

Subject: "Changed wheel bearing, however..." Previous topic | Next topic
FletchNov-27-05 02:22 AM
Member since Sep 22nd 2003
32 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28362, "Changed wheel bearing, however..."

the problem i had still exists. To explain from the top, a few weeks ago my car caught a "shudder" somewhere in the frontend. To explain the "shudder" more it is like a grinding, rubbing, vibrating that you can hear and feel. It would happen at all speeds, accelerating, decelerating, under braking, but the only time it would stop was when i would turn left. It didn't have to be sharp, pretty much any turn of the steering wheel to the left. So i did the jack the car up and try to move the wheel test. 12 and 6, movement, 3 and 9, movement. By the way this only happens on the drivers side front wheel. So with some research i decided to change out the wheel bearings. I replaced the drivers side, however, like i said, the issue still exists. I havent lowered the car back down off the stands yet, but i can move the wheel hub and when i do i can see movement out of the axle and the tie rod. Now i'm thinking possibly tie rod, but before i get to workin, i want to see if anyone can give me any input? As far as the tie rod procedure, i'm aware of the write-up and i'm gonna do some more searchin on the forum.

thanks for any input,
matt

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Changed wheel bearing, however... [View all] , Fletch, Nov-27-05 02:22 AM
  RE: Changed wheel bearing, however..., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Nov-27-05 08:58 AM, #1
Update..., Fletch, Dec-01-05 12:57 AM, #2
RE: Update..., freelancefool, Dec-01-05 02:11 AM, #3
      RE: Update..., shazow1969, Dec-01-05 07:34 AM, #4
           RE: Update..., ForceFed420a, Dec-02-05 08:23 AM, #5
                RE: Update..., RickyMeeses, Dec-04-05 01:05 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28362 Previous topic | Next topic