Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18290
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Will the Powerslot rotors for a GSX fit my RS or do I have to do a conversion?" Previous topic | Next topic
MCubed45Jun-11-03 03:48 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18307, "RE: Will the Powerslot rotors for a GSX fit my RS or do I have to do a conversion?"
In response to In response to 3

>Hey Mcubed, do u have to replace the calipers too with the AEM
>or was that just what u wanted?

no you do not. if you notice, there are two separate kits they sell for the front discs of the 2G eclipse. the FWD and the AWD. the FWD version is still a big brake kit. it upgrades the stock rotors size on the RS/GS/GST from the stock 10" to 11.75" with the AEM rotors. the AWD kit upgrades the GSX rotors from 10.75" to 12.5". in order to use the AWD kit you NEED GSX calipers. you don't need GSX rotors b/c you'll be replacing them with the AEM rotors. if you want to keep your stock RS/GS/GST single piston calipers you can still buy the AEM rotors. i believe if you get the AEM FWD kit you can get buy with 16" rims rather than 17" as with the AWD kit.

anymore questions - hit me up. i'm really happy with my upgrade. wish i hadn't bought the calipers from RRE but i was in a rush being that my brakes were at the point where i didn't want to drive my car. haven't had any problems and it's been more than 6 months. damn they look nice! (sorry no pics) they really fill up my rims. the only thing that sucks is that when i wash my car i need to clean as much of the rim as i can and then roll the car foward about a foot so i can get the rest of the rim that was blocked by the caliper. it's a pretty snug fit with 17's...

oh and for the question about the hub, if you get larger rotors (even if you keep your stock calipers) you will need the trim the dust shield a bit so it doesn't rub the larger rotor. not a big deal.

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Hanabi 8000k HID
SPAL Deluxe Power Windows
Nakayama GT5 17's
Ractive STB
GSX Calipers
AEM Rotors

255 is fricken short

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Will the Powerslot rotors for a GSX fit my RS or do I have to do a conversion? [View all] , SonicYan, Jun-09-03 08:58 PM
  RE: Will the Powerslot rotors for a GSX fit my RS or do I have to do a conversion?, pn0ymahal, Jun-10-03 12:41 PM, #1
RE: Will the Powerslot rotors for a GSX fit my RS or do I have to do a conversion?, MCubed45, Jun-10-03 01:50 PM, #2
      RE: Will the Powerslot rotors for a GSX fit my RS or do I have to do a conversion?, SonicYan, Jun-10-03 05:18 PM, #3
           RE: Will the Powerslot rotors for a GSX fit my RS or do I have to do a conversion?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jun-10-03 05:54 PM, #4
           RE: Will the Powerslot rotors for a GSX fit my RS or do I have to do a conversion?, TeamJasonESi_T, Jun-10-03 06:21 PM, #5
           RE: Will the Powerslot rotors for a GSX fit my RS or do I have to do a conversion?, MCubed45, Jun-11-03 03:48 AM #6
                RE: Will the Powerslot rotors for a GSX fit my RS or do I have to do a conversion?, Chamuko, Jun-11-03 09:45 AM, #7
                     RE: Will the Powerslot rotors for a GSX fit my RS or do I have to do a conversion?, SonicYan, Jun-11-03 08:07 PM, #8
                          RE: Will the Powerslot rotors for a GSX fit my RS or do I have to do a conversion?, MCubed45, Jun-14-03 04:04 PM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18290 Previous topic | Next topic