Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #776
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Mitsu 5 pin Ignitor wiring to run MS with spark" Previous topic | Next topic
TeametxJun-08-05 01:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#957, "RE: Mitsu 5 pin Ignitor wiring to run MS with spark"
In response to In response to 4

Originally posted by etx
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon I dont know what happened to this thread but i need it for the 7 pin http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?t=5734 It says the thread doesnt exist??? Terry
It's easy. The markings on the 5-pin and 7-pin are similar. The ones you need are IO1 OC1 G IO2 OC2 for the 5 pin. The 7 pin has an output for a tach signal and something else I cannot remember off the top of my head. Disregard those. IO is in from the MS and OC is out to the coil pack. Everyone make sure you power your +12vdc feed to the coil pack (center pin on the three pin connector) from something like the fuel pump relay on the relay board. If you don't have the relay board wire up a relay so that the ignition get's power when the fuel pump is on. This will prevent current from getting the the coilpack when the motor is not running. I had my feed coming from the ASD relay and the ecu was turning it off under boost causing about a month of headache!

I messed up. It's IB1 OC1 G IB2 OC2 , but you get the idea. IB = input, G = ground and OC = output. 1 is channel one and 2 is channel two. Super simple.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Mitsu 5 pin Ignitor wiring to run MS with spark [View all] , TeamXtremeRS, May-13-05 07:39 AM
  RE: Mitsu 5 pin Ignitor wiring to run MS with spark, TeamDR1665, May-13-05 05:29 AM, #1
RE: Mitsu 5 pin Ignitor wiring to run MS with spark, whodatt1, May-13-05 07:26 AM, #2
      RE: Mitsu 5 pin Ignitor wiring to run MS with spark, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, May-14-05 10:56 PM, #3
           RE: Mitsu 5 pin Ignitor wiring to run MS with spark, Teametx, Jun-08-05 05:21 AM, #4
                RE: Mitsu 5 pin Ignitor wiring to run MS with spark, Teametx, Jun-08-05 01:13 PM #5
                     RE: Mitsu 5 pin Ignitor wiring to run MS with spark, selmerguy2003, Mar-31-06 05:03 PM, #6
                          RE: Mitsu 5 pin Ignitor wiring to run MS with spark, MFGRacing90GSX, Apr-11-06 06:44 PM, #7
                               RE: Mitsu 5 pin Ignitor wiring to run MS with spark, Sour Kraut, Nov-08-07 10:32 AM, #8
                                    RE: Mitsu 5 pin Ignitor wiring to run MS with spark, Moderatorbullettdsm, Nov-09-07 10:24 AM, #9
                                         RE: Mitsu 5 pin Ignitor wiring to run MS with spark, Boosted_Talon98, May-29-09 08:16 PM, #10
                                              RE: Mitsu 5 pin Ignitor wiring to run MS with spark, VelocitaPaola, May-29-09 09:24 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Mitsu 5 pin Ignitor wiring to run MS with spark, unknsldr, Jul-28-10 01:53 PM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #776 Previous topic | Next topic