Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #738
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Spark works now" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSMay-14-05 12:03 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#781, "RE: Spark works now"
In response to In response to 4

Well after thinking about the idle issue some more I went out and played arouund with an idea..When I got the motor fully warmed up, I disconnected the stock IAC valve. I had drilled out the plug that covers the throttle stop adjustment screw, and turned the screw in a bit to get a little bit faster idle speed. It now idles around 900-1000 rpm, and it's MUCH more consistant without almost any surge at all. The only downfall to this is that during a cold start, you will have to keep your foot on the gas pedal to keep it from stalling, since there is no more "fast idle" when cold. I'd really like to incorperate a fast idle valve onto the stock TB, and I dont think it would be that hard to do. The MS is able to control one of these valves, so it's something I may try.

I think when the stock coilpack is disconnected from the ECU, the ECU starts to freak out and cant keep the IAC at a steady control rate, which is causing the idle surge in rpm.

I also took the car out today for the first time runnng full spark control, and it ran really, really well. I ran about 20-23 degrees of timing at 10 psi,and it feels pretty damn good. A/F was around 12.0-12.3:1 also, which is perfect for 10psi on my setup. Got absolutely NO detonation either. Stock advance under ALL boost levels was always around 17 degrees. This is nice, since now i can put in a few more degrees of timing under lower boost. Low boost feels damn good now, and pulls very smooth. The Megasquirt is just f'n cool

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Spark works now [View all] , Teamner947, May-15-05 05:15 PM
  RE: Spark works now, TeamXtremeRS, May-03-05 04:57 PM, #1
RE: Spark works now, Teamner947, May-04-05 10:01 AM, #2
      RE: Spark works now, TeamXtremeRS, May-12-05 03:00 PM, #3
           RE: Spark works now, Teamner947, May-13-05 02:17 PM, #4
                RE: Spark works now, TeamXtremeRS, May-14-05 12:03 PM #5
                     RE: Spark works now, Teamner947, May-15-05 03:14 PM, #6
                          RE: Spark works now, TeamXtremeRS, May-15-05 05:06 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #738 Previous topic | Next topic