Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5247
View in linear mode

Subject: "Not passing emissions test" Previous topic | Next topic
99frankensteinApr-14-11 05:02 PM
Member since Jul 08th 2009
17 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5247, "Not passing emissions test"

A bit of back story. The previous owner of my car had installed a Venom performance control module. He removed it when he sold me the car. I had been using the car for years with no problems in an area that didn't do emissions testing. I recently moved and had to get it emissions tested, and the following items were showing as "not ready" on the test:

Catalytic Converter
Heated O2 Sensor
Oxygen Sensor
EGR Flow

Also when I got it tested there were no CELs. I replaced both front and rear O2 sensors, and replaced the EGR. The Cat is still installed, but I'm not sure if it's any good. After replacing all that, I made sure to drive around through a full tank of gas.

I took it back in today and the same things were showing as not ready. Is it possible that the Venom performance control module damaged the ECU and it needs to be replaced before these will show as ready? I'm about at my wits end trying to get this stupid emission test to pass.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5247 Previous topic | Next topic