Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5107
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: wiring megasquirt to ign switch and starter wiring" Previous topic | Next topic
Vendorreborn750Jan-04-11 02:25 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2010
45 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5118, "RE: wiring megasquirt to ign switch and starter wiring"
In response to In response to 3

haha yes i sure did a number on the original harness! but i found the right wires on the ignition switch harness, i was originally looking at the harness at the other end of the switch by the key where the wires are all red, yellow, and black. I splicedd into the blue (ignition) wire and tested and i now have power to my relays, which are mounted with my voltage regulator where the original fuse box mounting location was. It was relocated further into the fender well because i used the hole where the harness comes up into the fuse box for my turbo piping ( had to cut the hole out larger) now i just need to finish wiring up my fuel pump to the relay's and wire up the starter and alternator and im ready to plug and play!! also i just looked and the power wire stud on my alternator is bent, to get a flush connection when tightened down i will need to bend it straight, is this safe or should i get another one?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

wiring megasquirt to ign switch and starter wiring [View all] , Vendorreborn750, Jan-01-11 08:41 PM
  RE: wiring megasquirt to ign switch and starter wiring, Vendorreborn750, Jan-03-11 09:31 PM, #1
RE: wiring megasquirt to ign switch and starter wiring, VelocitaPaola, Jan-04-11 03:24 AM, #2
      RE: wiring megasquirt to ign switch and starter wiring, streetlightning, Jan-04-11 12:32 PM, #3
           RE: wiring megasquirt to ign switch and starter wiring, Vendorreborn750, Jan-04-11 02:25 PM #4
                RE: wiring megasquirt to ign switch and starter wiring, VelocitaPaola, Jan-04-11 06:12 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #5107 Previous topic | Next topic