Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4966
View in linear mode

Subject: "Removing Engine Harness and ECU and using a stand alone" Previous topic | Next topic
Slo2gAug-10-10 07:34 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4966, "Removing Engine Harness and ECU and using a stand alone"
Aug-10-10 09:21 PM by Slo2g

This is a question that I just really wanted to get some insight on. I started taking a spare engine harness apart today and noticed that the windshield wiper harness, the vehicle speed harness, the MFI/ASD relays, and the starter signal wire is all a part of the engine harness. What do you guys do to get around these problems. I know the ASD/MFI part is as easy as just running a new signal to it, the windshield wipers are taken care of by just removing the subharness from the main harness, the VSS I'm assuming needs to have a new 5v ref and signal run to the chassis harness, and the start signal is just as easy as running a new signal as well. I was just wondering how you guys have done this. I only know of one person that has completely removed it and posted pictures is Taclipse, I know Mike was working on it but I haven't seen/heard from him in a while. Just curious, all I've done so far is take the sensors out of the harness and deppining them.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Removing Engine Harness and ECU and using a stand alone [View all] , Slo2g, Aug-10-10 07:34 PM
  RE: Removing Engine Harness and ECU and using a stand alone, streetlightning, Aug-18-10 04:04 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4966 Previous topic | Next topic