Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4932
View in linear mode

Subject: "MSnS Emissions Question" Previous topic | Next topic
electroheadJun-17-10 10:33 PM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4932, "MSnS Emissions Question"

I've been trying to search for this answer, with no luck ( or maybe not enough patience, not sure) finding out if I'm going to have problems later on with emissions. I'm currently refreshing the engine I got with 80k. Nothing major, just headgasket, ARP headstuds, ect., to get ready for boost later on once I finish fixing rust. I've been toying with the idea of eliminating my EGR, and I was wondering if all of you that run MSnS still get the CEL if the EGR is removed or can you program the MSnS to not even look for it? And using MSnS, how easy is it to pass the sniffer test without the EGR valve? I know I sound like a wuss, but I hate having CELs on unless there really is a problem. I got time before I get the MSnS, I've just been carefully planning my build so I run into minimal problems, so I don't need to spend money I don't have fixing stupid mistakes. Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

MSnS Emissions Question [View all] , electrohead, Jun-17-10 10:33 PM
  RE: MSnS Emissions Question, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-18-10 07:36 AM, #1
RE: MSnS Emissions Question, electrohead, Jun-18-10 10:18 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4932 Previous topic | Next topic