Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4891
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: wiring up MS" Previous topic | Next topic
VelocitaPaolaJun-03-10 10:37 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4908, "RE: wiring up MS"
In response to In response to 12

Originally posted by streetlightningi figured id wire a relay for Ms, another for fuel pump, and another for the alt/fiel is that correct? I thought my relays would be triggerd by ignition to turn on the MS, alt and supply the 12v to the fuel pump, inj harness and coil.

You're starting from scratch, so you can either attempt to recreate the stock wiring harness by studying the FSM, or you can review all the suggestions in the MegaManual. The MegaManual was written with retrofitting older vehicles without any sort of EFI system (and wiring harness) in mind, so the same basic principles apply to your installation:

http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/V3assemble.htm#ew

Originally posted by streetlightningas for IAC, i have the Fidle, option, does that relate to my Iac?

You can install a fast idle air valve (FIDLE) that sinks up to 1A on that wire, but not your stock stepper motor IAC.

Originally posted by streetlightningas for the tach, i thought it got the signal from the crank sensor?

The tachometer receives its signal from the stock PCM, or a tachometer output circuit in a Megasquirt ECU. It does not receive its signal from the crankshaft angle sensor.

Originally posted by streetlightningshit i thought this was a complete unit and needed no more mods when i sent it out to you guys : (

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but it looks like you had work done to this ECU. All the options can be overwhelming, but there are packages out there specifically for Megasquirt users wanting to completely remove the stock PCM, such as yourself.

Originally posted by streetlightning** Here are the wires I have that need power I guess, and I thought would be triggerd by Ign via relay *Injectors (since its one power line instead of 2, should I run 7.5A instead of 5A? *Coil plug (will this need to be fused and at what amperage?) *Alt Fiel *Fuel pump- I have this wired up so its basically doing the “re-wire” mod, with the exception of my ignition would be triggering the pump on, is that correct? (will this need to be fused and at what amperage?) *Ms needs power 2a fuse. *Fans? Keep in mind these are pretty basic aftermarket fans, just a 12V and ground hook up. this is whats in my head? am i a retard?

See above.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

wiring up MS [View all] , streetlightning, May-23-10 06:11 PM
  RE: wiring up MS, adamzty, May-24-10 08:21 AM, #1
RE: wiring up MS, 740 turbo brick, May-24-10 10:44 AM, #2
      RE: wiring up MS, streetlightning, May-24-10 11:06 AM, #3
      RE: wiring up MS, adamzty, May-24-10 02:58 PM, #4
           RE: wiring up MS, 740 turbo brick, May-24-10 10:18 PM, #5
                RE: wiring up MS, streetlightning, May-27-10 11:33 AM, #6
                     RE: wiring up MS, streetlightning, May-29-10 01:14 AM, #7
                          RE: wiring up MS, streetlightning, May-30-10 01:50 PM, #8
                               RE: wiring up MS, streetlightning, Jun-02-10 10:55 PM, #9
                               RE: wiring up MS, VelocitaPaola, Jun-03-10 08:17 AM, #11
                                    RE: wiring up MS, streetlightning, Jun-03-10 08:41 AM, #12
                                         RE: wiring up MS, VelocitaPaola, Jun-03-10 10:37 PM #13
                                              RE: wiring up MS, streetlightning, Jun-04-10 10:19 AM, #14
                                                   RE: wiring up MS, VelocitaPaola, Jun-04-10 01:29 PM, #15
                                                        RE: wiring up MS, streetlightning, Jun-04-10 02:08 PM, #16
                                                             RE: wiring up MS, streetlightning, Jun-04-10 05:50 PM, #17
                               RE: wiring up MS, VelocitaPaola, Jun-03-10 08:13 AM, #10

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4891 Previous topic | Next topic