Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4887
View in linear mode

Subject: "Small MS issues" Previous topic | Next topic
740 turbo brickMay-16-10 10:38 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4887, "Small MS issues"

Im having a few issues that are making the daily drivability of my car difficult. For the most part, it drives great, Id say better than with the stock ECU.

First, when the car is cold I can crank it and it will start and idle on its own. When the car is hot, it will crank, but not start. I have to give it a little gas to get it to fire. Is this a cranking pulsewidth problem?

Im using the IAC control on my MS. Using Corbins settings, the car idles pretty damn good. The only problem Im having is sometime the car will start oscillating. It will sit at ~1000 and all the sudden drop to 500, up to 1300, and repeat. I have the "Idle advance" feature set so that if it falls below a certain RPM it pulls timing in an effort to keep the car idleing. It wont stop hunting until I tap the throttle to steady it out.

Lastly, I think I may need some advice with the accel enrichment. When the car is just started, even a tap of the throttle (2% TPS or less) the AFR goes dead lean, the engine hesitates and then revs up. This is making leaving stop lights a bitch, because the car wants to buck when I give it gas to let out the clutch. This seems to lessen as the car warms up, but I was just guessing on the A.E. settings so Im sure they are not perfect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im getting the hang of tuning/daily driving on Megasquirt, but I could use all the advice anyone is willing to give!

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4887 Previous topic | Next topic