Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4255
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tuning MsNs for fuel economy, how easy would it be..." Previous topic | Next topic
kevoxMay-31-08 12:24 PM
Member since Jul 21st 2007
145 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4255, "Tuning MsNs for fuel economy, how easy would it be..."

Thinking ahead here to when my MsNs is installed and everything is running smoothly, I was hoping I'd be able to do a simple adjustment via laptop and re-tune the car for fuel economy instead of power. I read that all you would have to do to accomplish this is adjust the AFR? I read 12-14 is good for high power but 15-17 for great fuel economy?

My question is this: Is it true that you can make a simple switch via the laptop hooked up to the MsNs to go from high power to high fuel economy? If so, what kind of fuel economy could you expect @ 15-17 AFR? I know this is TOTALLY dependent n how good/bad of mileage the car was getting BEFORE such change was made so let's assume it was getting 18/22mpg with good power; would like 22/28mpg be likely by robbing the car of all that power and increasing the AFR or do I just have this whole idea comnpletely wrong? thanks for reading...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Tuning MsNs for fuel economy, how easy would it be... [View all] , kevox, May-31-08 12:24 PM
  RE: Tuning MsNs for fuel economy, how easy would it be..., VelocitaPaola, May-31-08 01:22 PM, #1
RE: Tuning MsNs for fuel economy, how easy would it be..., RoninEclipse2G, Jun-02-08 04:41 AM, #2
      RE: Tuning MsNs for fuel economy, how easy would it be..., Mesmerized, Jun-05-08 08:48 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4255 Previous topic | Next topic