Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #378
View in linear mode

Subject: " Do *NOT* use a USB-Serial adapter with the Megasquirt!!" Previous topic | Next topic
TeametxFeb-25-05 05:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#378, " Do *NOT* use a USB-Serial adapter with the Megasquirt!!"
Feb-25-05 05:10 AM by etx

I've found it will seriously fuck your world. Not only did I have to walk like 3 or 4 miles home last night after changing some settings, it also seems to corrupt some of the values in the MS memory. Each time I write anything to the MS from Megatune with the usb adapter the car would run worse and worse each time. After writeing the settings from my desktop PC at home it would be fine. So even if it seems like it's working, it's probably not. Look into one of these:

http://www.quatech.com/catalog/rs232_pcmcia.php

I'm off to find one on ebay, i'll pickup a dualie so I can watch my wideband output also.

Edit: Looks like they are about $55 on ebay, no too bad I guess but that's a single. I can use the USB adapter for my WBO2 I guess.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Do *NOT* use a USB-Serial adapter with the Megasquirt!! [View all] , Teametx, Feb-25-05 05:06 AM
  RE: Do *NOT* use a USB-Serial adapter with the Megasquirt!!, Kirby, Feb-25-05 05:47 AM, #1
RE: Do *NOT* use a USB-Serial adapter with the Megasquirt!!, TeamXtremeRS, Feb-25-05 01:14 PM, #2
      RE: Do *NOT* use a USB-Serial adapter with the Megasquirt!!, BOOSTED ECLIPSE, Feb-25-05 05:15 PM, #3
      RE: Do *NOT* use a USB-Serial adapter with the Megasquirt!!, Teametx, Feb-25-05 05:28 PM, #4
           RE: Do *NOT* use a USB-Serial adapter with the Megasquirt!!, MrSlick, Feb-26-05 02:14 AM, #5
                RE: Do *NOT* use a USB-Serial adapter with the Megasquirt!!, RxR_Eclipse, Feb-26-05 04:06 PM, #6
                     RE: Do *NOT* use a USB-Serial adapter with the Megasquirt!!, RxR_Eclipse, Feb-27-05 05:47 AM, #7
                          RE: Do *NOT* use a USB-Serial adapter with the Megasquirt!!, Teametx, Mar-13-05 12:55 PM, #8
                               RE: Do *NOT* use a USB-Serial adapter with the Megasquirt!!, BOOSTED ECLIPSE, Apr-01-05 05:53 PM, #9
                                    RE: Do *NOT* use a USB-Serial adapter with the Megasquirt!!, RxR_Eclipse, Jul-07-05 07:26 AM, #10
                                         RE: Do *NOT* use a USB-Serial adapter with the Megasquirt!!, TeamXtremeRS, Jul-07-05 12:24 PM, #11
                                              RE: Do *NOT* use a USB-Serial adapter with the Megasquirt!!, BOOSTED ECLIPSE, Jul-07-05 01:25 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Do *NOT* use a USB-Serial adapter with the Megasquirt!!, TeamXtremeRS, Jul-07-05 03:41 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Do *NOT* use a USB-Serial adapter with the Megasquirt!!, RxR_Eclipse, Jul-07-05 06:57 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Do *NOT* use a USB-Serial adapter with the Megasquirt!!, RxR_Eclipse, Jul-12-05 12:03 PM, #15

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #378 Previous topic | Next topic