Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3619
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Megasquirt help" Previous topic | Next topic
taclipseFeb-27-08 03:55 PM
Member since Apr 12th 2004
200 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3630, "RE: Megasquirt help"
In response to In response to 5

Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
I kind of have this issue too. The car will sit and idle for awhile, but then randomly, if I give it gas, the idle will hang up around 2800 to 3500 and stay. Looked for vac leaks too and found nothing. I havent dug deep into this problem yet though because I am working the body over on it again, but my fans wouldnt turn on either, so I am thinking I might have a junk ECU as well. But everything else works fine, I have no troubles getting it started and have power to everything else I believe. Interesting.

the problem seems to be intermittent. Once i wired in a voltage regulator, blocked off the IAC, wired in relays and a switch for the fans and fuel pump ... the stock tach decided to start working, I assume that it was performing all its other duties as well. Well as the car sits right now the MS is basically a full standalone minus the factory ecu supplying a power source to the sensors. I ran a 0 guage wire from the back of the block to the rear of the car where the MS is grounded along with the battery, relays and wideband. SO FAR this seems to have taken care of the tach spike issue! I am very excited and am learning a lot about tuning cold starts lol! All the bullshit aside I am very happy with MS. Thanks for all the input guys!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Megasquirt help [View all] , taclipse, Feb-17-08 02:26 PM
  RE: Megasquirt help, taclipse, Feb-18-08 10:30 AM, #1
RE: Megasquirt help, Jungy, Feb-18-08 05:24 PM, #2
      RE: Megasquirt help, taclipse, Feb-25-08 08:46 AM, #3
           RE: Megasquirt help, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-25-08 05:34 PM, #4
                RE: Megasquirt help, eclipse982nrRST, Feb-27-08 10:38 AM, #5
                     RE: Megasquirt help, taclipse, Feb-27-08 03:55 PM #6
                          RE: Megasquirt help, WickedESi, Feb-29-08 06:38 AM, #7
                               RE: Megasquirt help, taclipse, Feb-29-08 03:35 PM, #8
                                    RE: Megasquirt help, WickedESi, Feb-29-08 07:27 PM, #9
                                         RE: Megasquirt help, taclipse, Mar-01-08 03:56 AM, #10
                                              RE: Megasquirt help, WickedESi, Mar-01-08 12:29 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Megasquirt help, taclipse, Mar-11-08 07:38 AM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3619 Previous topic | Next topic