Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3609
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: MS2Extra Users! Need spark help!" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSFeb-05-08 05:56 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3612, "RE: MS2Extra Users! Need spark help!"
In response to In response to 2

Originally posted by Corbin
Are you running a 4G63 ignitor and MS2E? It would be good to know that it is possible. I want to get the thing running with as few changes as possible. Then I can start improving from there. Corbin '95 ESI-T Now with more power and fewer leaks Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

I've run MS2E only in the garage, as my RS is in "storage" for the winter, but it runs good so far. I use a Crane ignition box instead of the mitsu ignitor, with the MS firing the crane box directly from the 2 LED's. There is no reason it shouldnt work with the mitsu ignitor. There should be no hardware changes needed from MS1 to MS2, other than the 12volt feed to the MS2 chip, which you really only need if you are running a stepper motor. Just note that if you do connect the 12 volt feed, you MUST NOT put the MS1 chip back in, or you will fry it. I just leave that 12 volts disconnected for testing between the two chips for now. I do run my 4g63 Laser on MS2 Extra using the OEM mitsu ignitor without issue using the 2 leds, so it's fine to use for firing the 420 coil pack.

I'm not sure exactaly when the older beta's had the wrong crank wheel info, but i think it was around the time that you have for beta code. There was debate of tooth gap sizes, and the decoder used all 16 edges of the crank wheel. It was known for the smaller tooth sizes of 20 degrees, which is why the code was re-written to only use those 8 edges instead. It fixed many other's issues, which is why i suggest to go to the latest beta(its Beta20 now).

I'm trying now to figure out how to run a 2nd trigger input from the cam sensor to run COP, for either 4 spark outputs or run wasted spark COP, as this will give more triggers to choose from to run semi-sequencial fuel injection, which in my experience with the 4g63, makes it idle as good as, if not better than stock. Currently, without the cam sensor input, i can only choose 2 triggers, both of which dont seem to inject fuel at a most proper time for a perfect idle. You would only noitice this slightly rough behavior running larger injectors and 2 squirt alternating set.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

MS2Extra Users! Need spark help! [View all] , ModeratorCorbin, Feb-03-08 04:39 PM
  RE: MS2Extra Users! Need spark help!, TeamXtremeRS, Feb-05-08 03:51 AM, #1
RE: MS2Extra Users! Need spark help!, ModeratorCorbin, Feb-05-08 04:48 AM, #2
      RE: MS2Extra Users! Need spark help!, TeamXtremeRS, Feb-05-08 05:56 AM #3
           RE: MS2Extra Users! Need spark help!, ModeratorCorbin, Feb-05-08 03:54 PM, #4
                RE: MS2Extra Users! Need spark help!, TeamXtremeRS, Feb-06-08 03:42 AM, #5
                     RE: MS2Extra Users! Need spark help!, ModeratorCorbin, Feb-09-08 01:57 PM, #6
                          RE: MS2Extra Users! Need spark help!, TeamXtremeRS, Feb-22-08 11:25 AM, #7
                               RE: MS2Extra Users! Need spark help!, ModeratorCorbin, Mar-09-08 10:59 AM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3609 Previous topic | Next topic