Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3212
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Some ms questons" Previous topic | Next topic
djtrickeeJun-01-07 06:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3213, "RE: Some ms questons"
In response to In response to 0

Originally posted by Styles.
here is my board http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/staci37/ms.jp g i guess it's a v 2.2 what firmware should i use is the map sensor that comes on it is good to 20 ish psi? is it worth removing my safc2 to use this? do i still need to resistors with low indapendance injectors if i use the ms? and can you recommend a person on the board who can make a complete wiring harness for just fuel use? thanx in advance Steve

Yes that is the 2.2 board.

The stock map sensor that was sold with that board should be good up to around 2.5 bar (18-20 ish psi)

the safc is useless to begin with for the most part and the MS will make it even more useless unless you just want the fancy display lighting up the interior.

You can use a resistor pack, although not necessary with low Imp. injectors or the flyback board addon.

I would buy a pre-made harness from a vendor such as www.rs-autosport.net. The wires used there are premarked and come with apropriate lengths and the db-37 terminal.

ALSO: you need to make the appropriate modifications to that stock v2.2 board if you plan on using it as an MS&S board or with the 420a code...

Hope you know how to solder.

Read up here for more info on that:

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/setup-neon.html

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Some ms questons [View all] , Styles., Jun-01-07 05:38 AM
  RE: Some ms questons, djtrickee, Jun-01-07 06:26 AM #1
RE: Some ms questons, Styles., Jun-01-07 06:43 AM, #2
      RE: Some ms questons, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-01-07 07:15 AM, #3
           RE: Some ms questons, Styles., Jun-01-07 07:21 AM, #4
                RE: Some ms questons, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-02-07 03:43 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3212 Previous topic | Next topic