Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #311
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors" Previous topic | Next topic
Teamdougie2Feb-08-05 07:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#312, "RE: Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors"
In response to In response to 0
Feb-08-05 07:18 PM by dougie2

Originally posted by version55
First of all I do not have the original installation instructions so I had to look up what all the individual wires are for using one of Accels online pdf files.

I can fax the instructions to you if you need them.

the trigger can be taken from the only solid white wire going into the stock ECU. Is this all I have to do for the trigger?

That is correct.

I know that the coil pack has two trigger wires on it from the ECU. Do I not need both signals?

No.

For the coolant temp. sensor the DFI Gen. 6 unit is coded to use a Thermistor with a 5v signal. The stock coolant sensor in my 96 420a powered eclipse is already a thermistor with a 5v signal. So why can't I just use my stock sensor?

It has a different resistance curve. Keep in mind that you have to keep the stock sensors so the stock ECU can continute to control the ignition. You need to add GM sensors for IAT and CLT. You can tap into the TPS wires for that input.

You really need the instructions from HRC. Give me your fax number and I'll send them to you. If you don't have a fax I guess I could create a PDF and e-mail it to you.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors [View all] , version55, Feb-08-05 06:38 PM
  RE: Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors, Teamdougie2, Feb-08-05 07:17 PM #1
RE: Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors, fly1, Feb-09-05 01:49 AM, #2
      RE: Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors, version55, Feb-09-05 02:44 AM, #3
           RE: Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors, Moderator992gnt, Feb-09-05 07:05 AM, #4
                RE: Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-09-05 07:10 AM, #5
                RE: Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors, version55, Feb-09-05 08:37 AM, #6
                     RE: Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors, fly1, Feb-09-05 04:48 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #311 Previous topic | Next topic