Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #311
View in linear mode

Subject: "Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors" Previous topic | Next topic
version55Feb-08-05 06:38 PM
Member since Jun 24th 2004
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#311, "Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors"

I purchased an Accel DFI Gen. 6 unit about a year ago from someone that was parting out their car. I just barely got around to installing it and I have some questions. First of all I do not have the original installation instructions so I had to look up what all the individual wires are for using one of Accels online pdf files.

As far as my car goes it is a 420a powered Eclipse RS. The engine is built with JE pistons (8.8:1) and rings, eagle rods (which I now know will be my downfall), trimetal rod and main bearings. I also had the short block balanced and blueprinted and the crank turned and indexed. The head has been gasket matched and polished with Crane springs installed. I never got around to changing out the cams so they are still stock. I turbocharged it about a week ago and would like to use the Accel unit to run some 450cc injectors. Fuel pressure is controled with a BEGI multirole regulator backed by a Walbro 255 high pressure fuel pump.

Anyway my questions are these:

1) I read a post by DarkOne saying that the trigger can be taken from the only solid white wire going into the stock ECU. Is this all I have to do for the trigger? I know that the coil pack has two trigger wires on it from the ECU. Do I not need both signals?

2) For the coolant temp. sensor the DFI Gen. 6 unit is coded to use a Thermistor with a 5v signal. The stock coolant sensor in my 96 420a powered eclipse is already a thermistor with a 5v signal. So why can't I just use my stock sensor?

3) Since the Accel DFI only needs to read the signal output from the coolant temp., intake temp and tps sensors (I know I can't use the stock MAP sensor) why can't I just tap the signal wire to these sensors? Especialy since the stock ECU already supplies the 5v signal and the ground in the case of the TPS. If I don't need the 5v signal or the ground from the Accel DFI do I still have to use it?

Help with this would be appreciated. I have spent a few days trying to search for answers to these questions on the forum. All with the hope that I don't ask a redundant question.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors [View all] , version55, Feb-08-05 06:38 PM
  RE: Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors, Teamdougie2, Feb-08-05 07:17 PM, #1
RE: Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors, fly1, Feb-09-05 01:49 AM, #2
      RE: Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors, version55, Feb-09-05 02:44 AM, #3
           RE: Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors, Moderator992gnt, Feb-09-05 07:05 AM, #4
                RE: Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-09-05 07:10 AM, #5
                RE: Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors, version55, Feb-09-05 08:37 AM, #6
                     RE: Accel DFI Gen. 6 Install/Sensors, fly1, Feb-09-05 04:48 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #311 Previous topic | Next topic