Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2653
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: crazy afr/map/tach spikes" Previous topic | Next topic
CarbonFiberRSTOct-16-06 11:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2665, "RE: crazy afr/map/tach spikes"
In response to In response to 4
Oct-16-06 12:56 PM by CarbonFiberRST

the same thing thats wrong with all the other sensors. thats why I'm here asking. Those are just 2 screen shots showing the problem, usually its a straight line at about 203 degrees or so...

Is a 14gauge wire large enough for the constant 12v power source?

The jerking while accelerating through that rpm range in the lower gears (1-3) is actually alot better since running the wires, it only jerks once instead of constant but while crusing it still does just like you see in those screen shots.

But again, nothing was wrong just 2-3 weeks ago... and the issue is isolated to 3,500-4,000 rpm

I only changed 1 thing about a week before this problem occured and that was I installed a vacuum manifold to clean up the 5 things I had T'd off the stock 3 prong vac source on the manifold. I used a pretty large hose from the intake manifold (3/8" I think) thats about a foot long and it goes into the alluminum block that has the 4 vac hoses going to it, and the 5th hose I put where the pcv valve was attached to the manifold and I routed the part on the valve cover to a catch can along with the other valve cover vent... before I ms'd I didn't run a pcv valve for about a year or more and never was an issue. Could any of this cause it? again about a week after I did these small mods the problem appeared... I'm lost.

This is from before the issue started. I didn't change anything to do with wiring, only whats stated in the above paragraph.

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

crazy afr/map/tach spikes [View all] , CarbonFiberRST, Oct-12-06 01:27 PM
  RE: crazy afr/map/tach spikes, CarbonFiberRST, Oct-15-06 04:58 PM, #1
RE: crazy afr/map/tach spikes, Chamuko, Oct-15-06 05:41 PM, #2
      RE: crazy afr/map/tach spikes, CarbonFiberRST, Oct-15-06 06:45 PM, #3
           RE: crazy afr/map/tach spikes, Teamdougie2, Oct-16-06 09:32 AM, #4
                RE: crazy afr/map/tach spikes, CarbonFiberRST, Oct-16-06 11:57 AM #5
                     RE: crazy afr/map/tach spikes, CarbonFiberRST, Oct-17-06 06:40 PM, #6
                          RE: crazy afr/map/tach spikes, CarbonFiberRST, Oct-27-06 04:47 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2653 Previous topic | Next topic