Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2413
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: finally finished megasquirt install...newbie time" Previous topic | Next topic
XMasta19Aug-14-06 06:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
650 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2414, "RE: finally finished megasquirt install...newbie time"
In response to In response to 0
Aug-14-06 09:31 AM by XMasta19

Well after getting the first bit of sleep I had all weekend, a quick search yielded me this...

Originally posted by XtremeRS
Ok, you want the Megatune 2.25 release version, which looks like thats what you have there. Now, you want to get the "Msns extra" series of code, just get the latest stable release, version 029q2. After you get this zip file, extract it to a new folder, or where ever you want really, then in that zip file is the 029q2 code file, the ".s19" file. This is what gets uploaded to the MS processor. Now, once you get that loaded in the processor, you need to configure Megatune to read that code type, so you dont get that error screen. In that zip file should be a file with the extension and name: "msns-extra.ini" This is the configuration file that is CODE SPECIFIC, and Megatune NEEDS this file for it to function with the code correctly. You need to copy this .ini file to the megatune car specific directory. They make this easy to do, with a file in the zip that you extracted, you will find a "copyini.bat" file. Just click this file, and it will automatically copy the ini file to the megatune directory. If this still does not work, you may have to copy it maually.

Is it possible just copying this code over will solve all of my connection issues, or is there anything else I need to be looking out for? This sucks because I have to sit here at work all day hoping to get all of the answers because my car is usually at my house where I'm in the garage online with my laptop the whole time. I think good 'ol Terry might be hearing from me tonight if I'm still stumped lol.

FYI: I'm running a V3 that I got from Terry, and only controlling fuel at first with green top 440's.

-Xavier-
95 Eclipse RS-T...lost in the frozen tundra

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

finally finished megasquirt install...newbie time [View all] , XMasta19, Aug-14-06 02:18 AM
  RE: finally finished megasquirt install...newbie time, XMasta19, Aug-14-06 06:14 AM #1
RE: finally finished megasquirt install...newbie time, selmerguy2003, Aug-14-06 03:09 PM, #2
      RE: finally finished megasquirt install...newbie time, XMasta19, Aug-14-06 04:37 PM, #3
           RE: finally finished megasquirt install...newbie time, XMasta19, Aug-15-06 04:00 AM, #4
                RE: finally finished megasquirt install...newbie time, selmerguy2003, Aug-16-06 02:17 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2413 Previous topic | Next topic