Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2392
View in linear mode

Subject: "Huge Backfire at 6k rpm" Previous topic | Next topic
96BlckGSAug-10-06 08:04 AM
Member since Nov 01st 2005
71 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2392, "Huge Backfire at 6k rpm"

Im not sure if this post should be in this section please dont get upset at me if it shouldnt be, but i think it has to do with my MS tune. I was at the track the other day and iver noticed that my EGT's get pretty hot when i floor it and i get in the upper rpm ranges, on the daily driving tune i have, no i decided the richen the mixtures up in my VE table from 4000rpm- 7000 and from 100kpa up. Im just wondering, i wanted to be on the safe side so i didnt melt anything, so i changed the numbers pretty signifciatnly maybe 8 numbers higher, im just wondering if changing the numbers that much would cause this, should i have just changed the numbers 1 or 2 numbers, would that of been enough and the first run i did it didnt back fire ran great, and then the next run at the top of 3rd it was a loud bang and then the next run it did it at the top of 2nd and 3rd, it seemed whenever i topped out the gear it would do it, it would only do it aroud 6000rpm. Im just wondering if the i increased the numbers too significantly and ive been told that haveing a rich mixture really shouldnt cause a loud backfire like that, and that it could be an exhaust valve being stuck open so i dont kno, and info would be great guys thanx

1996 Black Eclipse GS
STAR Stage 2 Turbo With custom equal length manifold and full 3 inch turbo back exhaust
8psi- 9.61- 1/8th mile
14.4- 1/4 mile
MS Powered

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Huge Backfire at 6k rpm [View all] , 96BlckGS, Aug-10-06 08:04 AM
  RE: Huge Backfire at 6k rpm, TeamXtremeRS, Aug-10-06 05:08 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2392 Previous topic | Next topic