Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2317
View in linear mode

Subject: "All setup after a long long day! Try Starting..." Previous topic | Next topic
gilee_8Jul-29-06 06:03 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2317, "All setup after a long long day! Try Starting..."
Jul-29-06 06:13 PM by gilee_8

Sup guys.
What a day today.

------------------Sorry for the long story----------------
-------But I think today is an interesting day LOL -------

Got everything setup. Loaded the VE table I found from one of the old post by XtremeRS that was sent to him by MrSlick.
I burn that to the ECU.

Then I changed the Req Fuel to 6.8 since I have 680cc injectors.
I left EGO to Narrow Band (should I change that to wide band?)

So, I turn on the car, DAMN, the FPR leaks fuel, coz I have to block of one of the inline port from the aeroautomotive FPR. so I drove out, get a plug, DAMN it doesn't fit, so I drove out again, go buy the -AN fitting (costed me alot) and I thought I am all set.

Try to turn on the car again (just the fuel pump), and I see my fuel rail leaks also! SHIT... I found out the O-ring is completely destroyed (prolly too old) so I have to AGAIN drive out and get the O-ring.

(just gas and time wasted! annoyed me... LOL)

Well, After everything is fixed (at the same time I figure I just put in the wiring for the Spark and water injection also. sweet! so later on I don't have to do the wiring again)

But then my Fuel Pressure Gauge doesn't work anymore. It keep BEEPING. damn it. (it's the Greddy digital w/ warning gauge)
I cannot get it to work, but everything is good. so I just unplugged it for now. MS boots up. My throttle works great looking in the Megatune.. so I start the car!!!

------------------Anyway, back to my true problem---------------

My FIRST time ever cranking my eclipse with MS installed.
It starts up after like a second of crank. VERY NICE! I was relieved! It starts out very stable. around 900RPM. but after 2-3 or 4 second.. the car start to seems a bit rough... and I start to see the RPM bounce around 400RPM to 1100RPM.. (for about 2-4 sec)
Then the RPM keep droping to 0RPM, then bounce back to 300RPM or 500RPM or 700RPM and back to 0RPM... keep bouncing up and down... but the 0RPM is getting more and more frequent!
After another 6-8 seconds of like that bouncing, the engine seems like stopped combusting for like half a second and come back alive (at like 50-150RPM) barely turning. then it stopped combusting again, and back to 100RPM, .etc... then eventually it died.

All the above happened in the first try! I just cranked and the engine start right up, then I just sat there and watch all the above happened without doing anything.

So, I figure I will try again and so I crank the engine. Now it's totally different story.
I tried about 5 times. everytime, I have to crank for like 10-20 second. and usually after 5-10 second, I will start to hear and feel the engine wanna start but it will not, so I keep cranking for another 5 second then it will start but it will die right away.

The last time I crank the engine before I give up and type this post and read online, I step on the gas half way and try to crank the engine again. but it sounds like it is lacking something or just sound like... not strong enough to start.. and after it started, it won't last for more than a second. And for this last try, I datalogged the last cranking I did from the MegaTune.

Here is the file:
http://www.geocities.com/gilee_8/eclipse/MS-Cranking.xls

From looking at the excel file log. The RPM shots up to like 4000RPM at a few time, is that posible? (maybe that's why the car kinda started and coz I stepped on the gas pedal, it shot up?

Also from the datalog, it seems like the MS got reseted a few times, could it be because I crank for too long that the MS has no power and it restarts?

So, what's up here?
I know I have more tuning to do, and I am reading more on the MS site right now.

But I just want to inform you guys on my status, and see if any of you guys have any hints also!

At least I got it started the first try! but not anymore!
Well, Thanks again for previous help.
I hope I get it running soon!

Gilbert

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

All setup after a long long day! Try Starting... [View all] , gilee_8, Jul-29-06 06:03 PM
  It's started, running, and stay running forever!, gilee_8, Jul-31-06 04:54 AM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2317 Previous topic | Next topic