Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2219
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Finally Megasquirt, after collecting dust for a year. Extra Code for MS-II yet?" Previous topic | Next topic
gilee_8Jul-13-06 09:45 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2228, "RE: Finally Megasquirt, after collecting dust for a year. Extra Code for MS-II yet?"
In response to In response to 3

Thanks for the update!
Yea, I wish we can switch over to the MS-II, it is so much more powerful, but guess we don't need it as of now.

So for my MS system, either using MS-II or MS-I chip, it is still setup the exact same way correct? like the chip has no effect to the way I setup the Megasquirt board, and the wiring and connection to the eclipse?

I do have another question, just to confirm on this, I know the follow answer is all over the board, and I read them bit by bit in different post of the forum, but I want to put everything together and confirm them:
1) I only need to install two new sensors to the engine, IAT & CT sensor.
2) The only wiring I have to tap into is Crank Sensor, Injectors, TPS and my WBo2 sensor. (can I just don't use the stock o2 sensor?)
3) when I want to do SPARK, then I connect to the COIL also.

Is all the above the only connections modification I have to do?
I believe I covered all of them.

Thanks in advance.

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Finally Megasquirt, after collecting dust for a year. Extra Code for MS-II yet? [View all] , gilee_8, Jul-13-06 07:19 AM
  RE: Finally Megasquirt, after collecting dust for a year. Extra Code for MS-II yet?, Teamner947, Jul-13-06 07:25 AM, #1
RE: Finally Megasquirt, after collecting dust for a year. Extra Code for MS-II yet?, gilee_8, Jul-13-06 07:26 AM, #2
      RE: Finally Megasquirt, after collecting dust for a year. Extra Code for MS-II yet?, Teamner947, Jul-13-06 07:40 AM, #3
           RE: Finally Megasquirt, after collecting dust for a year. Extra Code for MS-II yet?, gilee_8, Jul-13-06 09:45 AM #4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2219 Previous topic | Next topic