Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2219
View in linear mode

Subject: "Finally Megasquirt, after collecting dust for a year. Extra Code for MS-II yet?" Previous topic | Next topic
gilee_8Jul-13-06 07:19 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2219, "Finally Megasquirt, after collecting dust for a year. Extra Code for MS-II yet?"
Jul-13-06 07:21 AM by gilee_8

Sup everyone.
I had been away from my eclipse and this forum for almost a year now. busy at school, work, and my other cars.

Now it is the time to work on my eclipse again.

I just ordered the Aeromotive 1000 1:1 FPR, 660CC injectors, relay board, stimulator, and the MS-I CPU chip (I currently have the v3.0 & MS-II setup)

I already installed the WBo2, and got myself a PCMICA Serial card for my laptop.

so I guess this weekend I will get the wiring going, get the coolant and MAF sensor install to the 420A engine. and move from there.

I started doing alot of reading from this forum and the MS website to update myself, but I do want to ask a question to confirm.

Is the Crank Sensor signal for our 420A engine still not supported by the MS-II CPU yet?

The reason I asked, is that, I know I can just use the Tach signal for running fuel only, but I plan to do Spark asap after I get the fuel setup, so I want to get the wiring and hardware setup correctly the first time.

And since on this forum, most people are still using verson 3 board with MS-I chip, I want to see if the extra code has been ported to the new MS-II chip yet?
Because when I order the relay board and stimulator, I also ordered the MS-I chip already, so I can run the extra code and wait later on to upgrade to the MS-II chip.

I hope I won't mess anything up.
Is there anything in particular that you Pros who installed MegaSquirt knows that I should look out for?

Thanks alot in advance!
I cannot wait to get my new engine to boost and run in the perfect way! thanks guys.

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Finally Megasquirt, after collecting dust for a year. Extra Code for MS-II yet? [View all] , gilee_8, Jul-13-06 07:19 AM
  RE: Finally Megasquirt, after collecting dust for a year. Extra Code for MS-II yet?, Teamner947, Jul-13-06 07:25 AM, #1
RE: Finally Megasquirt, after collecting dust for a year. Extra Code for MS-II yet?, gilee_8, Jul-13-06 07:26 AM, #2
      RE: Finally Megasquirt, after collecting dust for a year. Extra Code for MS-II yet?, Teamner947, Jul-13-06 07:40 AM, #3
           RE: Finally Megasquirt, after collecting dust for a year. Extra Code for MS-II yet?, gilee_8, Jul-13-06 09:45 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2219 Previous topic | Next topic