Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1771
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Smoothed out the idle a bit wth the MS..." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSJan-30-06 12:27 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1778, "RE: Smoothed out the idle a bit wth the MS..."
In response to In response to 3
Jan-30-06 12:29 PM by XtremeRS

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Matt are you still allowing the factory ECU to run the IAC? Or have you gone with another method to work with? This spring i have to get my spark running, I have been a bit hesitant with the idle surge. I noticed idle is a bit easier for me with the 024s13c code. the 022i6 code would not idle nearly as lean as the 024 will. Terry

No, at this time, i have no IAC, and no idle air control. I took out the IAC, tapped a threaded hole in the TB, and sealed up the passage with a bolt and larger washer, just large enough to fit inside the TB IAC outer hole(youd have to look at it to see what i mean i suppose). With just unplugging the IAC, after boosting, the pintle would get pushed in, and the idle would be way up. Its a temporary solution for now, and works fine in warmer weather, just hold the gas pedal down a little to fire it up and hold it there for a minute or so..then its fine. It really does suck though this winter as i'm running the engine every week as the car sits for the winter..still need to fine tune the cold starts when its this cold, but i dont drive it this time of year, so no big deal.. A simple idle solution would be to use an air valve that can be easily controlled by the MS which lets in air for warmup and after a certain temp, shut it off. Its not fancy, but it would suffice just fine i would think. I'm still using the 022i6 code too...its running fine with it, so why bother..its a PITA to switch codes all the time.. Most of the idle A/F issues seemed to be much worse when running low impeadance injectors, and larger flow rates. Now i am running the Accel 44lb high impeadance ones, which work very well. I can prob get away with 18 psi on these injectors, but it may be pushing the PW to high..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Smoothed out the idle a bit wth the MS... [View all] , TeamXtremeRS, Jan-30-06 02:05 PM
  RE: Smoothed out the idle a bit wth the MS..., Teamdougie2, Jan-29-06 03:17 PM, #1
RE: Smoothed out the idle a bit wth the MS..., TeamXtremeRS, Jan-30-06 06:26 AM, #2
      RE: Smoothed out the idle a bit wth the MS..., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jan-30-06 06:47 AM, #3
      RE: Smoothed out the idle a bit wth the MS..., TeamXtremeRS, Jan-30-06 12:27 PM #5
      RE: Smoothed out the idle a bit wth the MS..., Teamdougie2, Jan-30-06 07:04 AM, #4
           RE: Smoothed out the idle a bit wth the MS..., TeamXtremeRS, Jan-30-06 12:33 PM, #6
                RE: Smoothed out the idle a bit wth the MS..., Teamdougie2, Jan-30-06 02:15 PM, #7
                     RE: Smoothed out the idle a bit wth the MS..., TeamAvenger, Jan-30-06 06:12 PM, #8
                          RE: Smoothed out the idle a bit wth the MS..., Moderatorxcasbonx, Jan-31-06 04:32 AM, #9
                               RE: Smoothed out the idle a bit wth the MS..., Teamdougie2, Jan-31-06 08:58 AM, #10
                                    RE: Smoothed out the idle a bit wth the MS..., TeamXtremeRS, Jan-31-06 01:21 PM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1771 Previous topic | Next topic