Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1689
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: newbie to megasquirt" Previous topic | Next topic
RxR_EclipseJan-01-06 06:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1690, "RE: newbie to megasquirt"
In response to In response to 0

hello im new to 2gnt and i realize i should have joined a long time ago...

welcome

well i was talking on a local forum about EMS and they brought up megasquirt...i would just like to know a little more about it.

Best place for that info is at www.megasquirt.info

i want to use it to better tune my a/f, ignition timing, and revs.

It can do that...

im putting in stage 2 crower cams, crower titanium springs and retainers, and AEM adjustable gears and i also have an s-afc 2.

Before you put the cams in you might want to use the search on here...pleanty of us here are using stockers and making good power numbers...as far as the safc, its basically worthless to you, all it does is trick your ecu by altering the map signal...which can be bad since you could (will)get timing changes could cause detonation...and there goes the engine...

i was told that the megasquirt will replace the afc but couldn't you also just use the afc to tune the a/f after the cams are put in?

Yes if you have the MS it not only replaces the afc (say goodbye to that cool looking screen...)but your stock ecu no longer controls the injection and spark, now of course you will still need to have it control all the other things that the MS will not.

and the reason the megasquirt came up is i had a question on the revs. i know i will be able to rev much higher than the 7k redline but how far is too far? thanks and (sorry this is so long)

Better use the search on this one too, I limit my car to 6800 rpm but I know that others are using a higher limiter.

Kevin
The old:

The new:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

newbie to megasquirt [View all] , rs_sleeper98, Jan-01-06 05:34 PM
  RE: newbie to megasquirt, RxR_Eclipse, Jan-01-06 06:36 PM #1
RE: newbie to megasquirt, rs_sleeper98, Jan-02-06 05:36 AM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1689 Previous topic | Next topic