Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #138
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions" Previous topic | Next topic
reliant_turboOct-20-04 03:55 AM
Member since Jul 28th 2003
13 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#145, "RE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions"
In response to In response to 6
Oct-20-04 03:57 AM by reliant_turbo

Hey guys,

I am the owner of the yard that Brian's (forcefed420a) project is being worked on in hehehe. Actually I am helping Brian complete this project as well.

I have a few questions/comments myself...

For the MAP clamp... is there an actual published PHYSICAL pressure that the MAP sensor can withstand? I know on most sensors the max physical pressure is MUCH higher than the actual max pressure that the sensor makes a voltage for.... We have a simple circuit for a map clamp that is adjustable so that we can dial the max voltage as close to the max without going over so that the ecm sees the signal as accurate as possible. I myself am a Turbododge guy and we've been tossing map clamps (zener diodes) on 2 bar map sensors (14 lbs of boost max) and cranking 30psi of boost through them for years before folks started making 3-bar calibrations with no ill effects.

Mr Slick,

With the injector hookup that you describe, do you run it in ping pong mode or all injectors firing? i assume ping pong....

Another question for you... Fuel system... did you use the schrader valve for the fuel return like everyone is doing lately? We didnt. We used a 55psi stock shelby charger fuel pressure regulator about a foot before the fuel rail based on the theory that the pressure in the rail and the rest of the line should be equal. we are running 52lb (at 55psi) chrysler injectors from the Mopar Super 60 package and we wanted a large enough fuel return so that the fuel pressure doesnt become too great at idle so that the car will idle smoothly. any comments/cautions on this... i figured that quite a few neon guys stick with the returnless system and the factory 2gnt has the regulator before the fuel rail that this would be ok.

Brian,

Mr Slick's method of making the modifications to the MS for the tach are really easy looking. you might want to do this so we arent hacking the harness for the coilpacks and jerryrigging crap. (though you know I like to jerryrig crap lol) think about it.

Thanks Guys

Brian

Brian Bucar

www.squirrelpf.com - Dedicated to making cars perform.

Racing is an addiction that can only be cured by poverty.

88 Plymouth Reliant K 2.5L Intercooled Turbo - 5-Speed
89 Dodge Aries K 2.5L N/A Beater
88 Plymouth Reliant V6 Project

Currently helping ForceFed420A finish his custom 97 Eclipse Megasquirt Turbo project.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions [View all] , ForceFed420a, Oct-18-04 05:10 AM
  RE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions, grain, Oct-18-04 12:11 PM, #1
RE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions, Teamner947, Oct-18-04 02:16 PM, #2
      RE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions, Teamdougie2, Oct-19-04 03:14 AM, #3
           RE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions, ForceFed420a, Oct-19-04 04:44 AM, #4
                RE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions, MrSlick, Oct-19-04 03:03 PM, #5
                     RE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions, ForceFed420a, Oct-20-04 02:24 AM, #6
                          RE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions, reliant_turbo, Oct-20-04 03:55 AM #7
                               RE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions, turbo8u, Oct-20-04 09:27 AM, #8
                               RE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions, Teamdougie2, Oct-20-04 04:35 PM, #10
                                    RE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions, reliant_turbo, Oct-20-04 05:18 PM, #11
                               RE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-20-04 11:18 AM, #9
                                    RE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions, reliant_turbo, Oct-20-04 05:27 PM, #12
                                         RE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions, MrSlick, Oct-21-04 03:02 AM, #13
                                              RE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions, reliant_turbo, Oct-21-04 04:11 AM, #14
                                                   RE: Attention Mr. Slick: Megasquirt Questions, ForceFed420a, Oct-21-04 04:40 AM, #15

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #138 Previous topic | Next topic