Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1324
View in linear mode

Subject: "Please give advice on assembling my MS" Previous topic | Next topic
gilee_8Sep-14-05 10:23 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1324, "Please give advice on assembling my MS"
Sep-14-05 10:27 AM by gilee_8

Sup guys.
I am almost done assembling the MS unit.
I have the MS-II with v3.0 board just so you guys know.

And I have concern about step 22 and step 65. I don't know if I can use that for 420A setup.
Here is the link to show the steps: http://www.msefi.com/msinfo/ms2/V3assemble.htm

Step 22: 'optional' component: if you are going to use an IAC stepper motor with MegaSquirt-II

Step 65: whether to populate the high-current ignition driver circuit. This circuit can be used to drive a signal coil in a distributor application. In conjunction with an appropriate input signal (from a VR, Hall, or optical sensor, or even points), it allows you to eliminate a separate ignition module, such as a GM HEI 7 or 8 pin module, and run the coil directly from MegaSquirt

My question will be, I know MS-II can control IAC, and the coil.
And I do plan to run my standalone to control everything. sparks, fuel, and other things. but then I dont konw if our currect IAC works with MS-II. and do I need the HEI module to get spark working?

Please let me konw if I should put step 22 and 65 into my circuit.
Thanks alot guys.
I greatly appreciated.
Gil

EDIT: I do have one more question. Well, I read many posts about this in the MS site and here. but it's like an opinion. I will order the STIM soon, so I want to know, do I need the relay board & is it useful? or just directly connect from the MS unit is fine?
If it's you, what will you prefer? But for the relay board, it seems like it's just some relay and fuse, and cost like $70. so is it worth it?
Thanks.

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Please give advice on assembling my MS [View all] , gilee_8, Sep-14-05 10:23 AM
  RE: Please give advice on assembling my MS, MCubed45, Sep-14-05 05:25 PM, #1
RE: Please give advice on assembling my MS, gilee_8, Sep-15-05 04:58 AM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1324 Previous topic | Next topic