Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1124
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: mitsu ignitor -heatsink needed?" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSJul-25-05 04:43 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1129, "RE: mitsu ignitor -heatsink needed?"
In response to In response to 2

Originally posted by rs-pssst
crap, i think i had my dwell control at Fixed Duty and 75% Duty Cycle. Set like that, that car's idle jumps up and down alot and the module + heatsink heat up alot. I changed it to Fixed Duty and Minimal for HEI but it still does the same funky idle as well as heats up. Is it possible that i fried this thing on my other settings (only ran it at idle for like 3 minutes, but it was very hot)? How does the Mitsu module act when it is shot?

I've posted a thread at msefi.com about the dwell issues. I've hooked up a dwell meter, and also measured current draw comparing the stock ecu ignition triggers, to the MS, and the stock ECU is providing much better spark output. James over there, the main guy who works on the "extra" code, is trying to figure it out. Single output ignitions for like a distributor, dwell code is working just fine. Its the 2 ignition output, wasted spark dwell that has problems...But anyway, i have my ignitor on a aluminum heatsink, that i made for it. I should have pics posted in this forum..Run dwell control, and set it to around 4.7 ms, 0.5 min discharge period to start. I too, have noticed that the idle is more choppy with the MS doing ignition..When i up the dwell time, it gets better, which goes to show that the dwell code is not perfect yet..The ignitor really shouldn't get that hot if its being triggerd properly.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

mitsu ignitor -heatsink needed? [View all] , rs-pssst, Jul-24-05 09:19 AM
  RE: mitsu ignitor -heatsink needed?, Teamner947, Jul-24-05 07:52 PM, #1
RE: mitsu ignitor -heatsink needed?, rs-pssst, Jul-25-05 07:28 AM, #2
      RE: mitsu ignitor -heatsink needed?, TeamXtremeRS, Jul-25-05 04:43 PM #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1124 Previous topic | Next topic