Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4241
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: scan tool" Previous topic | Next topic
justins71Jun-11-08 05:03 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4247, "RE: scan tool"
In response to In response to 0

Originally posted by VelocitaPaola
Originally posted by ez No doubt Terry, I would love to have one of those. I'd like to get my hands on one just to understand the behavior of the stock ECU. For example, how does the ECU know there is an issue with the injectors even if you put the correct impedance on the injector output wires? It would be great for those of us who want to piggy back the stock ECU and not go MS, for the purposes of CEL-EXTERMINATION...
Depending on your method of loading the injector wires, it could be as simple as sensing the difference between a resistive and inductive load.

Actually he's right, as far as the injector/circuit malfunction codes. I've got an injector simulator i put on when I was using an emanage, and it's just a black box that simulates load on the injector's circuit, and the codes went away. And maybe the scanner cartriges have been like that a while, but we had seperate asian, domestic (thru '99), domestic (96-'01), blah blah blah. We just got the 7.2, then up'd it to the 7.4. By new I meant the 7.4, I'm assuming it's been around a while to get to that version! lol Tried those autoxray, and otc, and they're crap. I suppose i just say it's okay mainly for that refresh rate, having the graphin attachment would probably make a huge difference if it's more real-time *shrug*.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

fooling the ecu to avoid CEL with MS [View all] , VelocitaPaola, Jun-11-08 05:03 PM
  fooling the ecu to avoid CEL with MS, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-11-08 05:03 PM, #
fooling the ecu to avoid CEL with MS, ez, Jun-11-08 05:03 PM, #
fooling the ecu to avoid CEL with MS, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-11-08 05:03 PM, #
fooling the ecu to avoid CEL with MS, VelocitaPaola, Jun-11-08 05:03 PM, #
      RE: scan tool, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-11-08 05:03 PM, #
RE: scan tool, justins71, Jun-11-08 05:03 PM #1
fooling the ecu to avoid CEL with MS, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-11-08 05:08 PM, #2
      RE: fooling the ecu to avoid CEL with MS, justins71, Jun-11-08 05:33 PM, #3
      RE: fooling the ecu to avoid CEL with MS, ez, Jun-11-08 06:14 PM, #4
           RE: fooling the ecu to avoid CEL with MS, VelocitaPaola, Jun-12-08 02:48 AM, #5
      RE: fooling the ecu to avoid CEL with MS, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-12-08 03:06 AM, #6
           RE: fooling the ecu to avoid CEL with MS, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jun-12-08 05:02 AM, #7
                RE: fooling the ecu to avoid CEL with MS, justins71, Jun-12-08 08:36 AM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4241 Previous topic | Next topic