Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1644
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: New Fuel Controller (XFC - Xtended Fuel Controller)" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratormicyekNov-22-05 02:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1645, "RE: New Fuel Controller (XFC - Xtended Fuel Controller)"
In response to In response to 0

Spiffy...but for that price it better be. In all honesty that thing would be of some help...but with no way of controlling injector pulse width you're just banging your head against the wall...just like with any other piggy back system. I would say it's certainly better than the likes of the safc. But is it any better that e-manage? Probably not...except for the fact that it would probably be cheaper. The "future" timing control is slightly intriguing, but the chance of our car being supported would be next to 0%. And the dual wideband input is interesting. But keep in mind we would not be able to use some of the inputs...i.e. MAF and fuel pump control. For our car....we really don't have to disable anything like that advertisement suggests...we fool the MAP sensor into not "seeing" positive manifold pressure. We do disable the FPR, but we replace it with a superior unit.

IMO the best bang for the buck for us is the megasquirt...and may always be...for a few hundred bucks you can have full control of your engine. The only reason I went with an EIC system is because I didn't have confidence in my tuning abilities. Good find though and it may work for some ppl and their individual goals.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

New Fuel Controller (XFC - Xtended Fuel Controller) [View all] , Livid, Nov-21-05 07:29 PM
  RE: New Fuel Controller (XFC - Xtended Fuel Controller), Moderatormicyek, Nov-22-05 02:43 AM #1
RE: New Fuel Controller (XFC - Xtended Fuel Controller), Chamuko, Nov-22-05 03:42 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #1644 Previous topic | Next topic