Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4323
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: I am almost 99% sure, but I hope I am wrong" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamMichael_97RSJun-29-01 03:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4326, "RE: I am almost 99% sure, but I hope I am wrong"
In response to In response to 0

>MSD box won't allow us to raise the rev limiter, right?

Yeah you are right

>How about a simple mod, like modifying the RPM signal wire
>to the ECU so it will think I am running
>let's say 7kRPM while I am actually running 8K RPM.
>something that would drop the RPM voltage a bit this
>way I will have the power gain from reving high,
>but the ECU still thinks I am within the specs.

Be very careful with this, especially with you AFC, you would have to alter the signal AFTER your splice for the A-AFC. The Neon guys have actually done somethign similar by cutting the mph signal in half to defeat the fuel shut off at 120mph.

>Is not ignition timing and fueling is load dependent, I mean
>will messing the RPM signal would effect the fuel mapping
>or timing?

This I'm not sure on... but here are my thoughts:
1. idle: by modifying the tach signal to the ECU I think you will adjust idle and I think the car would idle at a higher rpm.
2. If you can figure out how much to adjust the signal and just be off by a little then you could trick the ECU into thinking that when the car is at 8500rpm that it is really 7200rpm But this brings be back to might be idling at 2000rpm...
3. As far as fuel goes If you do all your mods after the S-AFC you will have true readings at the S-AFC and be able to tune from there... to make any corrections fuel wise that need to be done. So I think you could make up for it...

Summery: I think the ideal way to do this would be a very complex piece of circuity that modifies the signal based on how strong the signal is, so at idle it left it alone and the higher it got the more it weakened the signal, so at 8500rpm it reads the voltage for 7200rpm... could I do this? Highly doubt it, I'm not that good. Can it be done? Probably. Maybe using a computer CPU and some code with a simple I/O card... Of ocurse by the time you put the money and reasearch into figuring this out it may be more worth your time and money to buy the stand alone fuel controller... I'll wait for an AFX CPU unless someone figures out a good way to do this...

"Claim Victory in your heart, and the universe will follow."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather Filters, AFX UDP, 55mm TB, GS-T Muffler, FU/RU/RL STBs, Front NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., Red Silicone Hose Kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads, S-AFC, A/F Meter

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Clutch Line, Rear Motor Mount Ins., EGT

Waiting for from RRE: Front Lower Tie Bar

Waiting for: Intake Manifold being ported/polished

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I am almost 99% sure, but I hope I am wrong [View all] , XT_DSM, Jun-28-01 04:19 PM
  RE: I am almost 99% sure, but I hope I am wrong, Skrilla, Jun-28-01 04:22 PM, #1
RE: I am almost 99% sure, but I hope I am wrong, dsm1, Jun-29-01 02:12 AM, #2
RE: I am almost 99% sure, but I hope I am wrong, TeamMichael_97RS, Jun-29-01 03:16 AM #3
RE: I am almost 99% sure, but I hope I am wrong, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-29-01 03:34 AM, #4
RE: I am almost 99% sure, but I hope I am wrong, Niclipse, Jun-29-01 03:57 AM, #5
raising rev limit, Fast420A, Jun-29-01 04:11 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4323 Previous topic | Next topic