Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4177
View in linear mode

Subject: "tranny question/problem" Previous topic | Next topic
jdeyoJun-27-01 03:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
197 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4177, "tranny question/problem"

I have a manual tranny and I usually change the fluid every 6000 to 10,000 miles. When I pull the drain plug nothing comes out. So, I go and put 2.1 quarts of factory tranny fluid in and think nothing of it. 6000 miles later, I goto change it again and guess what, when I pulled the drain plug nothing came out. I take it into Mitsu to have them change my tranny fluid, and the guy said that I had 2 quarts too much (4 quarts total) and that he drained all of it and put the required 2.1 quarts in. It is now time to change my tranny fluid again, and I go pull the drain plug, nothing comes out. And yes, I do know where the drain plug is... you can not miss that. I also know where the filler plug is cause it is on the side of the tranny and it is a bitch to get anything in there. I do not notice any leaks, so I dont where all that tranny fluid is going. Any tips?

-Jared
96 GS
Melbourne, FL
Iceman CAI | AFX Pulley

Iceman CAI | RS*R Cat-Back | AFX Pully | Milled Head 10:1 CR | MP 60mm TB

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

tranny question/problem [View all] , jdeyo, Jun-27-01 03:49 AM
  RE: tranny question/problem, DarkEclipseRS (Guest), Jun-27-01 10:22 AM, #1
RE: tranny question/problem, eclipseRS, Jun-27-01 11:34 AM, #2
      RE: tranny question/problem, GSsport, Jun-27-01 11:58 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #4177 Previous topic | Next topic