Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138641
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Deleting stock ECU?" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinOct-17-15 11:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138645, "RE: Deleting stock ECU?"
In response to In response to 2

I did similar modifications as Mike to give my self two independent systems (switch in between for emissions testing). I ran the alternator off of a voltage regulator from a Dodge Omni. That worked fine, but I had to buy a couple brands before I found one that offered stable regulation. I put a board in the upper case of the MSII to house a 5V regulator and 9V regulator to run sensors. MSII ran fuel, ignition, and IAC. Near the end, I had a circuit to raise idle RPM before engaging the A/C compressor. If you want to completely remove the stock ECU, you should look through the electrical diagrams for the MFI system and find a way to supply all of the outputs provided by the stock ECU. Otherwise, you'll probably miss something and waste time diagnosing a mysterious condition.

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Deleting stock ECU? [View all] , kevoxxx, Oct-10-15 04:51 AM
  RE: Deleting stock ECU?, eclipse982nrRST, Oct-14-15 04:33 PM, #1
RE: Deleting stock ECU?, kevoxxx, Oct-15-15 05:05 AM, #2
      RE: Deleting stock ECU?, ModeratorCorbin, Oct-17-15 11:18 AM #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138641 Previous topic | Next topic