Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #136691
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Cam alignment tool I made for perfect timing" Previous topic | Next topic
VendorRed90SevMay-06-12 05:11 AM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#136721, "RE: Cam alignment tool I made for perfect timing"
In response to In response to 3
May-06-12 05:33 AM by Red90Sev

Originally posted by Dstach
Did you use a mill? If so what was the distance you used as a spacing? I might go make one when I have some spare time lol.

I used a drill press to drill the holes. Basically laid a spare head level, then got some dowel rods the fit the cam holes perfectly. Made sure they were perfectly straight up and down, then locked the cams in place. I then cut some dowel pins shorter and measured from the center of the dowel pin on the exhaust cam to the center of the dowel pin on the intake cam. I then rilled holes on the plate according to the measurement and then used bolts that were the same size as the dowel pins. I made another one with the dowel pins and use set screws to hold them in place so you can change them out since different cam brands have different size holes.. The only reason I used bolts for the one pictured was so I could use a nut on the bottom to ensure the bolts were a perfect 90 degree angle relative to the plate, and to make them secure. I'll take pics of the other one I have here soon. It makes a timing belt change a bazillion times easier...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Cam alignment tool I made for perfect timing [View all] , VendorRed90Sev, May-04-12 01:00 AM
  RE: Cam alignment tool I made for perfect timing, Dstach, May-04-12 10:07 AM, #1
RE: Cam alignment tool I made for perfect timing, VendorRed90Sev, May-04-12 08:12 PM, #2
      RE: Cam alignment tool I made for perfect timing, Dstach, May-04-12 11:10 PM, #3
           RE: Cam alignment tool I made for perfect timing, VendorRed90Sev, May-06-12 05:11 AM #4
RE: Cam alignment tool I made for perfect timing, iamnotwhoiam, May-12-12 09:37 PM, #5
RE: Cam alignment tool I made for perfect timing, VendorRed90Sev, May-17-12 05:28 PM, #6
RE: Cam alignment tool I made for perfect timing, 98gs--turbo, May-19-12 03:21 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #136691 Previous topic | Next topic