Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #133599
View in linear mode

Subject: "Preparing my car for a 230 mile trip. Need Advice." Previous topic | Next topic
99ozdsmMar-31-11 11:17 PM
Member since Feb 27th 2011
14 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133599, "Preparing my car for a 230 mile trip. Need Advice."

So sometime in the next month I'm making a 230 mile trip and want to make sure my car is in GOOD RUNNING CONDITION and to survive the summer. My car has made this trip once around 95k, and now I'm at 104k.

I posted on here a month back concerning my 420a's head gasket. Over spring break, I seafoamed my engine, put in NGK bkr6's gapped to .45, NGK wires, mobil 1 oil/oil filter and also fixed an oil leak from my pcv to vc hose. Take note that I'm only a rookie to engine work but am trying to learn. I know I'm still leaking oil, and I also know there is oil coming down the back of the block.

So in order to check for my headgasket (correct me or add input if I'm wrong).

1. CLEAN OFF engine, drive around, look for specific leaks on the back of the block?

2. COMPRESSION TEST (dry and wet), if cylinders #3 and #4 are low its a head gasket leak?

**Also when I changed my oil, there was no signs of coolant mixing with my oil and my coolant overflow was not discolored. But ultimately I would need to do #1 and #2 to find out? Anything else?

**Old spark plugs were ngk bkr5's and weren't corroded, just seemed old and had faint white tips, but metal tips were not deformed if this helps.

Thank you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Preparing my car for a 230 mile trip. Need Advice. [View all] , 99ozdsm, Mar-31-11 11:17 PM
  RE: Preparing my car for a 230 mile trip. Need Advice., RoninEclipse2G, Apr-01-11 03:26 PM, #1
RE: Preparing my car for a 230 mile trip. Need Advice., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-01-11 06:00 PM, #2
      RE: Preparing my car for a 230 mile trip. Need Advice., 99ozdsm, Apr-01-11 06:54 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #133599 Previous topic | Next topic