Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #106345
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: MAP sensor, Idle problems, Rough running, Help please..." Previous topic | Next topic
PenguinOct-13-07 04:36 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2007
26 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106512, "RE: MAP sensor, Idle problems, Rough running, Help please..."
In response to In response to 7
Oct-13-07 04:39 PM by Penguin

Well, an update, and a cry for help.

I replaced the injector today that was supposedly causing the problem. It made no difference (like we predicted). The car still runs rough. I did notice that it is not running smooth even at higher rpms. I guess it just has enough momentum at higher rpms to smooth it out a bit. It is really bad at about 1500. It shakes the whole car. When I start the car cold, it runs, slightly rough. After it warms up it runs much rougher. If I run the rpms up to 3-4000, and then let off the gas, it will drop back down to idle rapidly, and die, or sputter really bad and recover.

What I find most strange is it was working perfect, and then turned this way instantly. I would have thought it was a loose hose or a plug for a sensor somewhere.

Here is what I have done:

I did have a leaky spark plug gasket. I fixed that a few months ago. Could oil in the sparkplug well caused any of this? It's all cleaned out now, and the car ran fine for a month or so after I did this repair. I am pretty sure they are unrelated.

I did have a cylinder drop test done. 1,2,3 had very little drop. On 4 the Idle increased temporarily then dropped back down to the same rough Idle. I did find the O2 voltage high, fuel trims up to 50 at times. I guess its just running rich. That is what made the mechanic think the injector in #4 was bad.

I checked the timing. It is correct. I have had the map sensor, 02 sensors, and IAC circuit tests done with a lab scope. All where performing within perameters. I did try a new map sensor like I stated above. There was no difference in Idle. I also had the mechanic force the 02 sensors rich and lean, both reacted properly and seemed to track together @ higher RPM.

My fuel pump pressure is fine, and there was no significant presure drop when I tested the other injectors for leakage.

I am out of ideas. I do not want to take this car to satan or another shop, because I really dont know what else they could check.

Any Help? Thanks in advance!! If I didn't explain anything well enough, just ask and I will clarify. Thanks for all you guys do here!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

MAP sensor, Idle problems, Help please. [View all] , Penguin, Sep-28-07 02:58 PM
  RE: MAP sensor, Idle problems, Help please., Jungy, Sep-28-07 09:07 PM, #1
RE: MAP sensor, Idle problems, Help please., Penguin, Sep-29-07 04:09 AM, #2
      RE: MAP sensor, Idle problems, Help please., Jungy, Sep-29-07 04:41 AM, #3
           RE: MAP sensor, Idle problems, Help please., Penguin, Oct-02-07 04:02 AM, #4
                RE: MAP sensor, Idle problems, Help please., Moderatorbullettdsm, Oct-03-07 03:49 PM, #5
                     RE: MAP sensor, Idle problems, Help please., Penguin, Oct-04-07 03:46 AM, #6
                          RE: MAP sensor, Idle problems, Help please., 95RS_oversees, Oct-12-07 08:20 AM, #7
                               RE: MAP sensor, Idle problems, Rough running, Help please..., Penguin, Oct-13-07 04:36 PM #8
                                    RE: MAP sensor, Idle problems, Rough running, Help please..., Penguin, Oct-14-07 08:23 AM, #9
                                         RE: MAP sensor, Idle problems, Rough running, Help please..., 95RS_oversees, Oct-16-07 01:09 AM, #10
RE: MAP sensor, Idle problems, Help please., ByronP, Feb-07-15 02:12 PM, #11
RE: MAP sensor, Idle problems, Help please., ModeratorCorbin, Feb-08-15 08:23 AM, #12
      RE: MAP sensor, Idle problems, Help please., ByronP, Feb-08-15 04:42 PM, #13

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #106345 Previous topic | Next topic