Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #83203
View in linear mode

Subject: "just what my motor needed" Previous topic | Next topic
97xtcDec-04-04 04:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
353 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83203, "just what my motor needed"

A few years ago I bought the AFX udp and an AEM cai and got a good gain in power, I was impressed. Right after that I bought the 5zigen fireball exhaust and not much of a change to be felt there. I bored the tb to it's limit and it gave a decent gain. So just a couple weeks ago I had the head off the motor and ported it. I noticed a small gain in lower rpms and that was about it. I've been working on porting and polishing the inside and outside a spare intake manifold off and on over the past 6 momths and finally finished it and threw it on. I lost some high end power but gained a little down low. Thinking that mt stock exhaust manifold could easily let out everything coming through the motor I was going to leave it that way. I changed my mind and bought a Greddy header expecting nothing for a gain and boy was I wrong. All I can say is holy shit, I would have never thought I could get that much of a gain without more serious mods. The only thing I have to compare it to is when I put on the udp and cai at the same time, but I got a little more with the header. I also threw on an UR upd but no change compared to the AFX. Btw I have a 97 gs that I managed to get the weight down on from 3125 down to 2820 and now to 2729 with a full interior and a couple gallons o gas.

ASE certified master auto technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

just what my motor needed [View all] , 97xtc, Dec-04-04 04:40 PM
  RE: just what my motor needed, hollow, Dec-04-04 06:37 PM, #1
RE: just what my motor needed, 97xtc, Dec-05-04 01:24 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #83203 Previous topic | Next topic