Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #74832
View in linear mode

Subject: "Probably heard it all before but I didn't see it in search...HELP!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
98SpyderApr-22-04 11:33 AM
Member since Apr 21st 2004
18 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74832, "Probably heard it all before but I didn't see it in search...HELP!!!!!"
May-20-04 08:20 AM by DarkOne

Okay guys here we go...

I been doing alot of research into my 4G64 Motor 98 Eclipse Spyder. From what I've found out there are little to NO performance parts for my poor baby. Unless it's off of the 4G63T motor. (Ex all those non-turbo only eclipse parts don't fit my car...this was an expensive lesson to learn). However I recently found out that the turbo parts WILL fit on my car. Now I know about the differences in the block (6mm higher for 64 motor for more stroke)but what are the major differences in the heads?

Right now i'm weighing turbocharging options for my spyder. I'm trying to figure out if the hp gains would come best from a block to head switch (64 block on the 63t head) and add the turbo or to just swap the 64 out for a full 63T. I've read about alot of people doing the block and head switch and nobody really doing the full engine switch...are the mounts that different? Or is it just to get the DOHC out of the 63T...

HELP!!!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Probably heard it all before but I didn't see it in search...HELP!!!!! [View all] , 98Spyder, Apr-22-04 11:33 AM
  RE: Probably heard it all before but I didn't see it in search...HELP!!!!!, brynden29, May-20-04 09:38 AM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #74832 Previous topic | Next topic