Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 6 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #74428
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here" Previous topic | Next topic
mkerleyMay-18-04 06:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#74699, "RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here"
In response to In response to 20
May-18-04 07:01 AM by mkerley

It doesn't slip under normal driving conditions, but I can't get the tires to break loose. The clutch will make that horrible noise before the tires spin, which I can only presume is it slipping. If that's the case, my clutch doens't hold a whole lot of TQ. It doesn't slip other than when I drop it, but I'm also only running 7psi. I have a feeling that once the rebuild is done and I turn it up, I will have issues if I leave it as is.

Weren't you the one that was trying the ferramic? How did that turn out?

*/ No. I haven't removed the restrictor. I may though. Is there a writeup on it? I'll search, but I haven't yet b/c I'm here typing */

Originally posted by XtremeRS
Yeah, you have the LUK PP..sould be perfect for your flywheel..I guess I'd have to trust Dan's judgement on the shims, esp if the step height was measured. My clutch is like yours too, I mean, I can disengage it with very, very little clutch pedal travel. I don't really care, as this makes for faster shifting Have you removed your clutch slave cylinder restrictor? I know that helped me with really fast shifts, because the clutch had issues getting hung up on really fast shifts..was not fully releasing the slave cylinder, causeing me to slip terribly, to the point of not even moving the car at all..this only happend on several occasions though, but it doenst slip anymore, and i'm running around 3-4 more psi boost..Does your clutch slip at all?

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here [View all] , TeamXtremeRS, May-13-04 08:08 AM
  RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, run4cvr, May-13-04 09:38 AM, #1
RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, TeamDR1665, May-13-04 09:45 AM, #2
RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, run4cvr, May-13-04 10:07 AM, #3
RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, TeamXtremeRS, May-13-04 10:43 AM, #4
      RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, Dave41079, May-13-04 10:47 AM, #5
           RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, TeamJasonESi_T, May-13-04 03:18 PM, #6
                RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, TeamXtremeRS, May-13-04 07:00 PM, #7
                     RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, techboy, May-14-04 04:44 AM, #8
                          RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, corsagsbo, May-14-04 06:43 AM, #9
                               RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, mkerley, May-14-04 06:55 AM, #10
                                    RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, techboy, May-14-04 07:32 AM, #11
                                    RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, corsagsbo, May-18-04 02:54 AM, #22
                                         RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, TeamJasonESi_T, May-18-04 02:59 AM, #23
                                              RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, corsagsbo, May-18-04 07:35 AM, #26
                                    RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, TeamXtremeRS, May-14-04 07:57 AM, #12
                                    RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, TeamJasonESi_T, May-14-04 08:52 AM, #13
                                         RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, TeamXtremeRS, May-14-04 09:25 AM, #14
                                              RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, techboy, May-17-04 04:11 AM, #15
                                                   RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, mkerley, May-17-04 07:02 AM, #16
                                                        RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, TeamXtremeRS, May-17-04 07:31 AM, #17
                                                             RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, TeamJasonESi_T, May-17-04 11:51 AM, #18
                                                             RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, mkerley, May-17-04 01:27 PM, #19
                                                                  RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, TeamXtremeRS, May-17-04 02:46 PM, #20
                                                                       RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, TeamJasonESi_T, May-18-04 02:45 AM, #21
                                                                       RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, mkerley, May-18-04 06:58 AM #24
                                                                            RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, TeamXtremeRS, May-18-04 07:25 AM, #25
                                                                                 RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, jamesman, May-18-04 09:10 AM, #27
                                                                                 RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, mkerley, May-18-04 10:41 AM, #28
                                                                                      RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, mkerley, May-18-04 01:42 PM, #30
                                    RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, siueclipse, May-18-04 11:28 AM, #29
                                         RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, techboy, May-19-04 02:36 AM, #31
                                              RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, oMInOUs97RS, May-19-04 03:19 AM, #32
                                              RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, TeamJasonESi_T, May-19-04 03:20 AM, #33
                                                   RE: People with stock modular clutches laying around..look here, turbo8u, May-19-04 06:15 AM, #34

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #74428 Previous topic | Next topic