Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #49623
View in linear mode

Subject: "AFC in/out setting problem" Previous topic | Next topic
neovbApr-22-03 03:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
466 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49623, "AFC in/out setting problem"

Okay so my AFC was always set to 7 in 7 out. Now that always threw a CEL but the car ran pretty strong, although somewhat lean. No matter what it would always throw a CEL for system too lean. Today I set the AFC to 6 in 6 out, cleared the CEL and drove the car around, restarted it a bunch of times, and the CEL went away. The car also ran somewhat richer. LT Fuel trim was always around 10%, ST fuel around 5% on 7/7, on 6/6 they were close to 0%, sometimes even negative. Timing looked pretty good too, the car wasnt doing anything crazy. However, it felt as if it had lost ALL power. WOT in 2nd the car hardly moved. I didnt try setting it back to 7/7 or 5/5 yet, but can changing the SAFC in/out setting really screw up my car that much? How can changing the in/out setting have such a big effect on air/fuel ratio? The SAFC is completely set to 0% across the board for both low and high throttle.

Im so pissed off at that stupid thing I just wanna rip it out

NeoVB
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS TURBO
1995 Mitsubishi Galant ES DOHC TURBO
1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #49623 Previous topic | Next topic